1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What's up with the red phone screen?

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by teh744, Sep 6, 2018.

1. teh744

teh744

Driving:
    UberX
    Had a pickup by the Cheesecake Factory on the south side last eve and about half way there I got this message from uber. I can't remember the exact wording. It said something about the pax I'm picking up will be showing a red light. I guess thier phone screen turns red. I pull up and there holding there phone with a red screen. Funny part about it, they were the only ones there. I guess you can't be waved down anymore? When did uber start this? Are pax too lazy to be ready at the curb?

2. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    I had this message oncethat my pax will have a blue phone light, this was at the airport. Pax noticed me quickly but didnt have their blue phone light out. I thought this was genius if everyone uses it but relies on them being toes on curb as well. What good is a red phone notice if theyre still in the building, right? Maybe by prompting them to wave their red screen to drivers, itll encourage them to be toes on curb for their driver. This would especially be helpful in crowded pickups. Sharing location is also helpful but not everyone does it.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2018
  3. I’ve gotten an orange screened one recently. It’s funny, that pax tried to do the “wrong rider, give me a refund,” scam. Nice try, paxhole.

Hijax918 and wonderfulcarscent like this.
  4. teh744

teh744

Driving:
    UberX
    Haha!:D

5. I can see it now:

Pax - "I was waving my screen with the colour on it. Why didn't you see me?"
    Driver - "I'm colourblind, so that feature is of limited use.
    Pax - "Then how do you see traffic lights?"
    Driver - "We have a one in three chance at each one. Buckle up, now."

6. teh744

teh744

Driving:
    UberX
    I can just see this working after the Pitt/penn state game on Saturday night.....:confused:

7. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt? Author

Driving:
    UberX

I find this is a common situation when you look ahead and see the rider, and she is standing there waiting, with that very, very welcoming smile - which clearly says to you, that she is the woman of your dreams. During the last 20 to 30 secs, as you slowly, oh so slowly crawl to the pickup point, you study every inch of her fantastic form and memorise every fabulous, well proportioned and voluptuous curve.

Your heartbeat has increased significantly, and the finest sheen of perspiration is forming on your forehead. She gets into the front seat of your car, flicks back her hair, and flashes you that winning smile as she extends her very long and bare legs ahead of her.

Your heart is thumping as you reach for your 'phone to start the trip and check the destination........

IMG_4318.PNG

8. Uber_Dubler

Uber_Dubler

Driving:
    UberX
    This is a feel good feature for the passenger but of little practical use for the passenger or driver.

Old way, pax had the responsibility to check their phone for the drivers car and look for the green civic or whatever.
    New way, pax turns on red light feature now the monkey is on the driver's pax to find the passenger
    New way, pax turns on red light feature, puts phone back in his pocket while he finishes his beer inside the bar
    New way, 20 people waiting for Uber outside their office building at 5:05pm, all 20 have the red light feature turned on, so really nothing changed.

9. Lee239

Lee239

What does this have to do with being too lazy at the curb you think if they were inside a building you could see a red screen?

10. RDWRER

RDWRER

Driving:
    UberX
    I got yellow lighted once. Pulled up and the rider was there with her phone nowhere in sight. I think it goes together with the beacon now so whatever color they choose for the beacon becomes the color on their screen or something... I don’t know, really I’m just guessing. o_O

11. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I am not sure of it matches the beacon but tested it out when it first came out as a rider cause I am a maniac

From the riders screen and I picked dehydrated urine

Screenshot_20180827-225205_Uber.jpg

wonderfulcarscent likes this.
  12. lol what?