What's up with ratings?

Uberdummy

Welcome to the wonderful world of assholery where someone having a bad hair day can give you a shitty rating with no way to explain or defend yourself. The rating system is a corrupt sorry ass pos.

dirtylee

It's probably what he rated the pax. Doesn't matter, uber resets them. How else do some of these millenial Mr Clean canoes have >4.91 ratings? For example, a 4.96 rider has 1 4☆ & 24 5☆ avg, yet they never tip in app or cash, :rolleyes:.

Cash tippers are either 5.0 or around 4.7 - 4.85

TexasSteeler

Those were my ratings. I was 4.93 before last night. Never been below 4.8 in the year I've done this. Only Drive occasionally.

Uberbrent

Uber announced that they are only using the last 100 ratings now for calculation. Those one star ratings are really going to kill you now. Probably what Uber intends. Kill off the riff-raff drivers. No need for car inspections - the rider will determine if your car is eligible. Have a dent? The rider will one star you. Driver looks like he slept in the car? One star. They will add up and that 4.6 will be hard to maintain.

Which brings me to another point...coming from a corporate background I was limited as a Sr. Mgr as to how many 5's I could give out. If my group size was 50, I could give out 5% 5 ratings - in other words 3 people could possibly get a 5 (exceed). Same way with the other end of the spectrum. The bell curve was over a 3 rating which meant the person did what was expected. Since Uber deactivates if you dip below 4.6, anything less than 5 is a vote by the passenger for deactivation. The rating system sucks. By the way, I do maintain a high rating, but I've been told by corporate people that they rarely give a driver a 5. I've had to explain the convoluted rating system to them to change their minds.

Cary Grant

I noticed that my ratings took a nose dive this week, too. More than a 20 basis point dip in less than three days! I had a single 1-star that I knew was coming, the rest I cannot fathom. Plenty of tippers, too. No late nights. No drunks. No uncomfortable conversations, either.

I suspect that we sometimes get dinged long after a ride -- if you pull up your email receipts from weeks and months ago, you can still rate a driver (or change the rating, apparently).

I'm not going to sweat it, though. I still haven't found a bar that will accept my star ratings as currency for beer or whisky.

Coachman

4.81 rating and get 30 5 star ratings in a row
And now my rating is 4.81

What a joke

Totally understandable. When you have 90% 5-star ratings then most of your new 5-star ratings simply replace an old one. Now when a 5-star replaces a 1-star... then you'll see a nice jump!

TexasSteeler

I noticed that my ratings took a nose dive this week, too. More than a 20 basis point dip in less than three days! I had a single 1-star that I knew was coming, the rest I cannot fathom. Plenty of tippers, too. No late nights. No drunks. No uncomfortable conversations, either.

I suspect that we sometimes get dinged long after a ride -- if you pull up your email receipts from weeks and months ago, you can still rate a driver (or change the rating, apparently).

I'm not going to sweat it, though. I still haven't found a bar that will accept my star ratings as currency for beer or whisky.

Yeah not sweating it just a weird day

Uber_Yota_916

Uber will just lower the bar to keep drivers on the road. In Sacramento the bar is 4.4 with that being a discretionary number. I had a Uber greenlight employee tell me that they don't care if the driver is below the deactivation mark.