• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What's up with all the wishful thinking

powmoe

I always read on this forum how it's going to get better in the future. Back in winter/fall it was just wait till summer. Now it's turned into wait till college starts back up. It's good to stay positive but do not fool yourselves, the only way it can get better for a significant amount of time is if uber stops hiring new drivers. I could see a little bump when school starts back up due a few less drivers and a little more demand but nothing significant. I hope I'm wrong and will eat crow. Sorry for the rant.

groovyguru

It will be better when every other car on the road has a U in the corner of the windshield and mile rates are at 65 cents. Then rider demand will be "through the roof" and partners will earn more money than ever!

Scenicruiser

One lead generator should not be relied upon for 100% of our jobs, even if they were the best company in the world. We should gravitate to the position of watching what uber does and figure out ways in which we might benefit. The two things, uber does well, is bringing new customers to the industry that might not, other wise, hire a car and onboarding drivers that would not, otherwise, drive for hire. For reasons of thier own, uber seems to focus on customers that should not be hiring a car, to be driven by driven by drivers that should not be driving for hire. As a uber drivers, that sucks. As drivers, maybe there is something we can do with that. Instead of hoping you are wrong, we plan for what to do if your right and what we should do if you are wrong.
I always read on this forum how it's going to get better in the future. Back in winter/fall it was just wait till summer. Now it's turned into wait till college starts back up. It's good to stay positive but do not fool yourselves, the only way it can get better for a significant amount of time is if uber stops hiring new drivers. I could see a little bump when school starts back up due a few less drivers and a little more demand but nothing significant. I hope I'm wrong and will eat crow. Sorry for the rant.

Last edited: