What's up what's up with the Queue at the airport

Telsa34

recently I've had passengers tell me of 30 to 45-minute waiting on a car at the airport I cannot even understand that I just dropped the passenger off today at the airport that had flown in at 9 this morning and when he got off the plane it said a 45-minute wait for Uber he took a taxi cab in to Jacksonville I don't normally go out to the airport but after driving for over a year-and-a-half I've never been out to the airport and not seen cars in queue waiting How can there be a 45-minute waiting time at 9 in the morning at the airport

HeyJoe

All over the map in the morning, the number of cars that are out is significantly lower. I have no idea why.

Telsa34

I just can't imagine that there's no one out at the airport at 9 in the morning, and I've been told this by several other passengers over the last several months, now what I have noticed is the size of the Q is much smaller but even with that being said when I dropped this passenger off today the Q was 2 and it took me 45 minutes to get a passenger but I lucked out and it was all the way to the beach and it was a $25 fair and he gave me a $10 tip and then I headed home, another thing that I noticed tonight for the first time is that I got a ping and I looked at it and looked at the rating and it also said it was a long trip 45 minutes or more and of course I accepted it and it was out by St Augustine and he was going to the airport so that was a $30 Fair so I made $137 on Uber and $52 for two trips on Lyft today for about 8 hours so it wasn't bad. My wife said she looked at the writers app this morning and it only showed two cars in Orange Park so it is kind of a strange scenario as to what's taking place.

canyon

Simple, with gas prices at 2.65 and Uber paying 64 cents a mile for x and 81 cents for xl, the only way you can make a profit is when it surges. If you have noticed lately that hasn't happened much either. Uber needs to fix Jacksonville with raising these rates, I know I sound like a broken record but we are the largest city area wise in the USA. This could be a gold mine but leave it to Uber to ()))(U& it up.

New CEO if you are reading this, your losing drivers all the time and its costing the company a thousand dollars to hire a Newbee which will end up quitting in a few months and the same viscous circle starts again. Raise the rates you dumb asses.

Telsa34

So you're telling me that there's no one out at the airport at 9 in the morning because of high rates I truly find it hard to believe I guess the only way we'd know is if somebody would send us a screenshot from out at the airport early in the morning

Jeff1205

I didn't take a screen shot but when I checked the last couple mornings there were only 6 to 8 cars in q around 9am.

Telsa34

That is about what I see on most days when dropping some one off, I still can't see this causing a 45 min wait on a uber.

Jeff1205

That is about what I see on most days when dropping some one off, I still can't see this causing a 45 min wait on a uber.
Someone that i picked up said 45 mins on Lyft. I don't think Uber will tell you a wait time past 25 mins. Usually it will just say none available.

Telsa34

Well it may be people have wised up at the airport the wait is just not worth it. And that explains the surge showing up there.