Whats the most $ Uber has taken on one ride from you?

jpass96

Mine was Saturday and it was straight robbery.

Backstory: get a request for a pool ride Est 38$ 42 Minute ride. Ok Sweet good sunday morning ride. Drive 8 minutes to pick up and when im 2 lights away a second passenger is automatically added saying its +$10 onto the trip. Boom sweet good $50 ride to start the day and its barely 10 AM. Not so fast! Passenger 1 cancels. Ok Bummer. O well onto passenger 2 atleast i still get the cancel fee ($3.75 on uber?). Passenger 2 gets in car, ride is 35 miles and 40 min est, perfect all good. Customers cool, doesnt smell bad, and keeps queit the whole time. Drop him off. I get another ride on lyft instantly so i close uber and forget about it since i go on a streak of lyft rides. Was going over my earnings later that night and found the picture from above. What ROBBERY. I only got 55% of what i was expected to make when the ride was accepted. Uber took $16+ from me one ride where i got payed $21

Attachments

simtek130

Looks like it was the fare you named as passenger 2 that canceled and not passenger 1 . The $16 bucks they took back was added to your total for both fares then backed out due to the cancellation. Pool rides are firm fixed price, likely added to the total fare in advance for accounting purposes. Once the share ride cycle is completed they "balance the books" to show money coming in and money going out and a reason the the credits and debits

jpass96

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Looks like it was the fare you named as passenger 2 that canceled and not passenger 1 . The $16 bucks they took back was added to your total for both fares then backed out due to the cancellation. Pool rides are firm fixed price, likely added to the total fare in advance for accounting purposes. Once the share ride cycle is completed they "balance the books" to show money coming in and money going out and a reason the the credits and debits
I think you misread. And i dont care for the facts i was asking a question on who has gotten more @@@@ed over by uber on a single ride than this.

grayrider

I’m afraid You were screwed the minute you excepted a pool ride.... JUST SAY NO!

(I am truly sorry for your misfortune)

Transportador

I normally don't do Pools! Besides the bad pay, it can turn into Express Pool at any time too. But I feel for you since it started out as a decent amount, then the cancellation happened!

I think their algorithm for fixing rates post first rider cancellation is incorrect. I have had it happen to me twice. Once it was about the same distance and I got half the amount originally quoted. The second time I had a long pool 1st rider then got a second rider that was only a couple blocks away so the first rider cancelled and I took the second rider. When I dropped second trip off (two riders)I got paid 2.55. Less than the minimum fare rate I asked for a fare review and they told me the amount was correct because of the distance and time. Obviously we all know this is incorrect because the rider is still paying the base pool fare plus extra rider fare. Didn’t even respond to whatever Indian reviewed it because it wasn’t worth my time.