What's the money like with Grub-Hub?

weibo

That looks about right. Seems like your market pays $3/pickup + $.50/mile. You only get paid for the distance between the restaurant and the customer, not between you and the restaurant.

You're averaging almost $10/job, which is about right for GH. The trick is figuring out how to average 2 jobs/hour, not 1.

Spot on!!!!!

IF & WHEN GH decided a to cover the trip TO the restaurant, THEN I would consider joining GH.

You ARE getting ripped when GH doesn't cover that trip travel expense. Conceivably, you might travel 10 or more miles per shift & unless you have a Prius, that gas cost can really hit you when you have < 2 trips/hour

charmer37

I don't see why people are complaining unless your market just sucks. Probably the easiest independent contractor job out there. In vegas I've been making $50-$65 in a 3 hour block consistently.
Grubhub is consistent in my market, If I work a 3 hour block I make $50 to $60 easily , When I sign up for another dinner block I made even more money, You can't beat the guarantees, I once signed up for a 6 hour block and only had 1 delivery and made decent money just for being logged in, Every market is different.

Woohaa

A little advice, GrubHub is shady. Always take a screenshot of your schedule BEFORE you start your shift. I can't tell how many times they will tell me I wasn't scheduled and try to not pay me, or once I complete a shift, it magically disappears. I even take screenshot of my deliveries.
Thanks for the advice! I've started to do that myself. Is the LA market still poppin'?

ram130

Anyone knows the hourly guarantees for Florida?

Spot on!!!!!

IF & WHEN GH decided a to cover the trip TO the restaurant, THEN I would consider joining GH.

You ARE getting ripped when GH doesn't cover that trip travel expense. Conceivably, you might travel 10 or more miles per shift & unless you have a Prius, that gas cost can really hit you when you have < 2 trips/hour
Yeah tell that to UberEats, DoorDash, Postmates ...They all don't pay for the trip to the restaurant.

William1964

The best day I've had with GrubHub using the app during a schedule block was $104. Second best was $84. Yesterday was the third best at $72.20.

29 blocks that I've worked I average $49.83 a day. For about two and a half 3 hours I usually stay a half hour hour late to keep my daily average up and my bank account full

ChefUber

From what I know, GrubHub does not employ drivers. It's just an app. The restaurants themselves deliver the orders placed through Grub Hub.
They do have drivers. I work at a restaurant that uses grub hub. They have drivers like Ubereats.