Whats the longest you have waited on a background check?

MikeWVU

Hello All,

I signed up for uber on June 30 and have still not been approved by Uber. They ran 2 background checks(I dont know why 2 and they were completed by mid July) and their email and chat support is worthless, they send back generic responses as such below. Anyone else have so many problems signing up?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing your query with us. Happy to help. This is George and I'm your support for today.

Your background check is still being processed. Unfortunately, factors outside our control can make this process longer than expected.

We appreciate your patience. Typically, we see background checks complete in 3 - 5 and may take up to 21 days if ever a problem arises.

If you'd like to view your background check status, click . Checkr updates this status automatically. Additionally, you'll receive an update if additional info is required. You'll also be sent a full report when your background check is complete.

In the meantime, please check that all your documents have been uploaded. This can help to speed things up. Again, thank you for your patience.

I hope I was able to resolve your concern. If you need additional help, you may find this helpful.

Best,

George Michael Ferrer

Jvc21

2 months. took weeks of back and forth emailing to find out that some idiot on the other side didn't press 'confirmed' on one of my forms, rendering my form as 'rejected'.

Of course, this was when rates were even remotely acceptable :smiles:

MikeWVU

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
2 months. took weeks of back and forth emailing to find out that some idiot on the other side didn't press 'confirmed' on one of my forms, rendering my form as 'rejected'.

Of course, this was when rates were even remotely acceptable :smiles:
Thank you so much JVC21 for the reply! It is unreal the length I have waited here and the generic responses on their customer service. I have several friends driving for Uber locally and all were approved in 1-3 weeks.

They all have been doing well in Morgantown, WV as it is a college town and there have been very good guaranteed rates here and surging so far.

I even went to their Pittsburgh support center and they "put a ticket in" but there was nothing more they could do. Totally frustrated with the whole process!

Thanks Again,

Mike

MikeWVU

Does anyone know of better way to contact them to get a real response from a human being?

Jvc21

Visit the office.

If not available, reply to every canned response. Eventually someone will answer with a human response.

MikeWVU

I signed up to drive on a Monday. I was taking fares by Wednesday afternoon that same week.
This is fantastic and how it should be. UGH. I am hounding the chat and email until I get a real response.

Reversoul

This is fantastic and how it should be. UGH. I am hounding the chat and email until I get a real response.
Roughly 80% of future uber-bots get rolled off the assembly line in 48 hours or less. I think the hold up is on checkr. Uber can't switch on your internal computer until checkr finishes on their end.

But fear not, if you have a clean background and driving history, you'll soon be driving for pennies and contributing to making Travis more rich.

Uber on!

MikeWVU

Roughly 80% of future uber-bots get rolled off the assembly line in 48 hours or less. I think the hold up is on checkr. Uber can't switch on your internal computer until checkr finishes on their end.

But fear not, if you have a clean background and driving history, you'll soon be driving for pennies and contributing to making Travis more rich.

Uber on!
I have checked with CHECKR and they have told me over the phone the checks were complete and provided them to Uber a while back. I logged in and could see them on checkr as well!

Reversoul

I have checked with CHECKR and they have told me over the phone the checks were complete and provided them to Uber a while back. I logged in and could see them on checkr as well!
It sounds like u need to keep hounding them in person at your local hub.

Hopefully you'll get a rep that isn't a complete moron. Some of them have the personality of a dead possum in the road.

MikeWVU

It sounds like u need to keep hounding them in person at your local hub.

Hopefully you'll get a rep that isn't a complete moron. Some of them have the personality of a dead possum in the road.
Morgantown WV doesnt actually have a hub. I had to drive to pittsburgh pa to speak with someone directly. He said he started a ticket but couldnt do anything more than that. It was over a hr drive to get to that hub too.

Reversoul

Morgantown WV doesnt actually have a hub. I had to drive to pittsburgh pa to speak with someone directly. He said he started a ticket but couldnt do anything more than that. It was over a hr drive to get to that hub too.
Ah that sucks. We have one in ATL that reminds me of the DMV, but more goofy. I thought every market had a hub, but maybe just in major cities.

Anyway, I've noticed that they have multiple places around the city where reps will come out for a day. Kind of like a job fair. There's usually a schedule and they come to places like hotels using the conference rooms.

The reason I tell you this is because it's possible uber does the same thing in your market. It wouldn't hurt to check.

unPat

My background check came back by the evening. But I am waiting for lyft . It's been a week .

AdamS.UBER17

Hi MikeWVU, I'm currently in the process of having my background check completed (safety screening processs). I came across your posting as I was searching for answers to find out why UBER hasn't approved me as of yet after 2 weeks of waiting.

I wanted to inquire and find out your current situation as to whether or not they approved you.

AdamS.UBER17

My app now turns on, but I get an issue going online and it says "Your vehicle is not allowed to operate in undefined", see below.

So I emailed them and told them the issue. and got the generic your background check is not done and usually takes 7-10 days. Their support is ridiculous.

Hey Mike, what's the update on the status? Were you finally approved to drive for Uber?

iUBERdc

Hello All,

I signed up for uber on June 30 and have still not been approved by Uber. They ran 2 background checks(I dont know why 2 and they were completed by mid July) and their email and chat support is worthless, they send back generic responses as such below. Anyone else have so many problems signing up?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Mike,

Thank you for sharing your query with us. Happy to help. This is George and I'm your support for today.

Your background check is still being processed. Unfortunately, factors outside our control can make this process longer than expected.

We appreciate your patience. Typically, we see background checks complete in 3 - 5 and may take up to 21 days if ever a problem arises.

If you'd like to view your background check status, click . Checkr updates this status automatically. Additionally, you'll receive an update if additional info is required. You'll also be sent a full report when your background check is complete.

In the meantime, please check that all your documents have been uploaded. This can help to speed things up. Again, thank you for your patience.

I hope I was able to resolve your concern. If you need additional help, you may find this helpful.

Best,

George Michael Ferrer
You're blesses, let this be a sign from the gods above that you shouldn't UBER. You have avoided the nightmare, congrats!

iUBERdc

Why do you say that? How was your experience driving Uber? What negative situations did you come across?
I should've put more time and effort into stidying in a field like engineering or accounting where I would work a solid career with benefits where you are appreciated.