• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What's the farthest ping you've accepted (and why)?

JMBF831

I've accepted some 19-minute ones before realizing how far away this truly is. I ignored a 22-minute ping once, and just tonight as I was driving home I figured maybe I will get one close ping on the way home, NOPE, got a 27-minute ping going the exact opposite way. Had to ignore it of course and then went offline.

27-minutes...And I bet it was an $8 ride. What is Uber's limit anyway?

R44KDEN

You shouldn't be worried about Ubers limit, just your own. When I first started, I would accept pings more than 10 mins away. Now my limit is 5 mins, or for an Uber Select trip request, up to 10. I rarely accept pings if I am on an interstate (more often than not they will be behind you) with the exception being if I recognize its a hotel address and its less than 10 mins, I might take it.

JMBF831

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You shouldn't be worried about Ubers limit, just your own. When I first started, I would accept pings more than 10 mins away. Now my limit is 5 mins, or for an Uber Select trip request, up to 10. I rarely accept pings if I am on an interstate (more often than not they will be behind you) with the exception being if I recognize its a hotel address and its less than 10 mins, I might take it.
5 minutes? What is your acceptance rate typically like, then? I hardly ever get pings that are only 5 minutes away so I'd be ignoring 8 or 9 of my 10 requests with that criteria.

Do you get a lot of very close pings, or do you just ignore a lot of them?

R44KDEN

5 minutes? What is your acceptance rate typically like, then? I hardly ever get pings that are only 5 minutes away so I'd be ignoring 8 or 9 of my 10 requests with that criteria.

Do you get a lot of very close pings, or do you just ignore a lot of them?
Learn what "skipping" is and once you adopt this tactic, your acceptance rate will be close to 100%. Last week, my acceptance rate was 96% and the week before it was 100% (and this is coming from someone who was deactivated for 48 hrs for having a low acceptance rate). Until someone on here told me about "skipping", I would just let the ping expire.

UberLou

15 Minutes only because I was very familiar with the pick up location. Lot's of repeat business from there.

KGB7

Accepted 12min ping out of curiosity. Pax took me exactly where i was planing to go in the first place.

SibeRescueBrian

I started my day at 4 this morning with a 26 minute ping. It was 13 miles away in the area I most enjoy working anyway. Since there was no traffic, it only took me 20 minutes to arrive. Turned out to be a long airport ride $81.00 plus $20 tip. Great start to the day!

USMale

I'm here on the furthermost northeast corner in Oceanside (Vista is only one block away) and I get those long pings all the time. Usually I do accept them but actually I'm losing because sometimes I drive 15 minutes just to pick them up and then they only want to go about 5 to 10 minutes to their destination. Uber should calculate it into their ride fairs how far we had to drive just to pick them up! Then that would make it worthwhile for us to drive such long distances to get them.

MISC

I get 19-23 minute pings all the time and I take them all. I large majority of them are from an upscale restaurant south of where I live and there are no other Ubers in that area. People there usually take a decent ride and tip about half the time.

..around bay area if you get a 10 minutes ping, it's a miracle.. too many drivers on the road... But around 4 am I saw some 12 minutes ping.. I never accepted nothing more than a 6/7 minutes ping.

Coachman

The farthest ping I didn't accept was 27 minutes. The farthest one I did accept was 14 minutes. I was on the freeway headed home and the ping was in the direction I was headed, so I accepted. It turned out to be a 35 mile airport run. I was satisfied.

bestpals

Was coming back from an airport run yesterday and was pinged at what it said was 8 minutes away. I accepted and found out it was 10 miles and 19 minutes away. Immediately canceled. I have seen some that were 20-30 minutes away. Never accepted them. Farthest away I took was about 15 min away.

RamzFanz

23 minutes. I was deadheading back from a small town in nowhere and saw it was on my route back. The plus was it was four separate drops and I made some bank. The negative is I ended back in the original small town deadheading back.

Baron VonStudley

I accepted a 25 minute ping one time solely because it was at a strip club that I know was closed for some time on a Sunday night and I figured it was an employee and it was a stripper. Anything but a good decision ended up being a 2 mile ride to a shit hole apartment and no tip barely a thank you. I want to support service workers, staff at clubs or restaurants getting off late after long day and I hope they appreciate the ride but I expect a tip because they expcept tip when I am at their service.

Bill Collector

Drove 15 minutes in heavy snow risking my life just to give $4 ride... That's when I was noob... Now my limit is 5 minutes during snow and 10 during regular day ... Unless I'm really desperate.

Fauxknight

Rarely do I get those 20+ minute pings, and I won't always accept them, depends on where they are and where I expect them to be going. It's always a gamble, but often those long pings are someone headed back into the city, weddings are commonly in bfe locations in the country.

My longest ping time wise was during a pretty bad snowstorm. They were kind enough to cancel after I was already halfway there.