Inshur

What's the deal?

Maxy

Hello gents and ladies.

last night the police had litle thing going on for PH drivers - i got pulled over in the process, but unfort my id was not over my neck, but had it
right next to me thou.....i usually have it over my neck not quite sure what happend last night

The tfl dude actioned his routine checks and all came clear, however told me that i'll be reported to tfl for not wearing my id over my neck

What is the deal with this gents?

Any advise on this will be appreciated....

#stay blessed

John John

Hello gents and ladies.

last night the police had litle thing going on for PH drivers - i got pulled over in the process, but unfort my id was not over my neck, but had it
right next to me thou.....i usually have it over my neck not quite sure what happend last night

The tfl dude actioned his routine checks and all came clear, however told me that i'll be reported to tfl for not wearing my id over my neck

#stay blessed
The deal with this is the rules are u must have it around ur neck. If u get caught again, they may take licencing action against u.

And the police/tfl thing is Operation Neon. Its TfL bending over for the black cab trade to stop them moaning. Its regular so be sure u will get pulled again.

Maxy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The deal with this is the rules are u must have it around ur neck. If u get caught again, they may take licencing action against u.

And the police/tfl thing is Operation Neon. Its TfL bending over for the black cab trade to stop them moaning. Its regular so be sure u will get pulled again.

Cheers pal...i think these checks are good for all road users!!

BC should take part too, i'll be writting to tfl tomorow

Ubend R.S.

yes operation neon,....dim light.....far off twinkle is a result of us highlighting the lack of compliance. is it not a good thing? after all TFL were suppose to do this all along. with the huge amount of licenses they sanctioned it was down to us to highlight they didn't have enough officers. they have the extra funds but still thought 11 CO's could do the job.

btw i got tugged at the x a few weeks ago. no badge around my neck either. i said until TFL stop a certain PH firm from plying for hire i would continue to pick and choose what regs i adhere to and hung it back round my mirror. still not received a letter yet.

i reckon you'll be fine

Spy & Mash

Hello gents and ladies.

#stay blessed
An enforcement officer told me dodgy and unscrupulous Uber drivers are pooling their cars and app amongst themselves.
With costs getting higher for drivers the problem is getting out of hand and endangering the public.
Do Uber care?
Probably not.

Maxy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
An enforcement officer told me dodgy and unscrupulous Uber drivers are pooling their cars and app amongst themselves.
With costs getting higher for drivers the problem is getting out of hand and endangering the public.
Do Uber care?
Probably not.

Dodgy people are in every trade, including ph, uber, Bc...facts of life!

#stay blessed

Spy & Mash

Dodgy people are in every trade, including ph, uber, Bc...facts of life!

#stay blessed
Just putting info out there and is not to be taken personally.
Of course theres dodgy people in every trade.

#iamnotbrianobe

Mr. Mister

An excellent effort Xvandriver. That wasnt a London taxi, but a vehicle used by a rich member of the public. Ergo it didnt have a Hackney Carriage plate on the back and was rightly deemed suspicious. Now, if you can find a link to a real London taxi that was used as a car bomb, in the same way that a minicab was used outside Tiger Tiger, and another one was used to catch people evacuating the area at Pall Mall, then Ill be impressed. Or possibly an article on a real London taxi driver who drove up north to kill someone who offended his religion. As I said, good effort but no cigar. Please feel free to drive down to your nearest farm, in order to buy a bag of straw to clutch at.

Xvandriver.nowuberX

As long as a vehicle has the appropriate insurance, valid m.o.t, road tax, vehicle is road worthy then the police have no reason to stop you unless your name has come back as wanted.

Now anyone can go buy a cheap phv or an old taxi and use it for what ever means they want but if they don't have appropiate points mentions aboved then yes they should be stopped by the police/TFL.

Should not be stopped just because of your skin colour or what religion you are as that is called discrimination.

Mr. Mister

Xvandriver. People should be stopped if their profile fits the type of people likely to do innocent members of the public harm. And whether you like it or not, BC drivers are in the minority as far as serious crime is concerned. There have been more serious criminal doctors/police/politicians etc than taxi drivers. Not all minicab drivers are criminals but the police work on percentages. Politically correct no. A fact of life yes. The crime figures for both trades support this. Crime involving minicabs outweighs crime involving black cabs many times over. This is why minicabs are more likely to be stopped.

D1991

Hello gents and ladies.

#stay blessed
1 st time nothing happens second time 30 day ban 3 time say bye bye to license

Dubs666

Xvandriver. People should be stopped if their profile fits the type of people likely to do innocent members of the public harm. And whether you like it or not, BC drivers are in the minority as far as serious crime is concerned. There have been more serious criminal doctors/police/politicians etc than taxi drivers. Not all minicab drivers are criminals but the police work on percentages. Politically correct no. A fact of life yes. The crime figures for both trades support this. Crime involving minicabs outweighs crime involving black cabs many times over. This is why minicabs are more likely to be stopped.
You are chatting outta ur back hole , mini cabs/uber drivers are not getting stopped because of racial profiling, they getting stopped because they phvs, that's it .

Mr. Mister

You are chatting outta ur back hole , mini cabs/uber drivers are not getting stopped because of racial profiling, they getting stopped because they phvs, that's it .
I agree with you. They are getting stopped because PHV are more likely to be committing crime.

Mr. Mister

Mr. Mister if you was a cop you would shoot first then ask questions later and if they died you wouldn't answer any questions.
If I was a cop there would be a lot less dangerous minicab drivers on the road. And a hell of a lot less illegal touting. My central heating played up last year, I called a highly qualified gas engineer in to fix it. I didnt call an unqualified numpty because he was cheaper, and it wouldnt matter how much he protested that he was as good as a qualified man, Im clever enough to know the difference.

Xvandriver.nowuberX

If I was a cop there would be a lot less dangerous minicab drivers on the road. And a hell of a lot less illegal touting. My central heating played up last year, I called a highly qualified gas engineer in to fix it. I didnt call an unqualified numpty because he was cheaper, and it wouldnt matter how much he protested that he was as good as a qualified man, Im clever enough to know the difference.
So what would you do to a mini cab driver that has a valid private hire and reward insurance, PCO licenced, m.o.t, road tax, driving licence, booked passenger, seat belt on, no phone in his hand, but has a beard like Jesus Christ?

Dubs666

Ur highly qualified engineer can work anywhere in the world , so what point u trying to prove ?

Mr. Mister

Ph regulation crime
Not the sorta crime ur thinking off
They don't even search the cars
So what would you do to a mini cab driver that has a valid private hire and reward insurance, PCO licenced, m.o.t, road tax, driving licence, booked passenger, seat belt on, no phone in his hand, but has a beard like Jesus Christ?
I'd wish him a good evening and send him on his way. Id be in no doubt that there would be one along shortly who hasnt got any of these things in place.