Whats the deal with DENVER Airport. Question?

jeffbeck27

So You get a ride to the airport on U or L .
Sometimes you get a ride immediately after drop of, sometimes you wait at drop-off and never get a ride but see drivers picking up passengers.

Question, Does anyone know how it works?
Why do you get rides sometimes and why can you wait forever and never get a ride?
Whats the trigger?
this

There are two queues. One is a "mini que" that will give priority to drivers who've just dropped off. But it's a set time limit, and if there are not enough arrivals ordering within that time you won't get a ride, it will time out and go to the big queue.

When dropping off during periods of heavy arrivals (or low number in the big queue) the probability of instant match (rematch) is higher.

jeffbeck27

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks that explains it.
My guess is ( and this is my experience )
IF you don't get a ride within 3 -4 minutes, your not going to get one.
Its going to the big Queue.

With the rollout of Uber Pro, I have noticed less rematches (when you get a trip immediately after drop-off) - even during peak hours.

Typically I would wait in the lot as long as I had a good chance of getting out of there within an hour. But since the Uber Pro rollout I've noticed this to be less profitable as well.

All of my airports rides since last Friday (around 10) have been less than 20 miles (either to Aurora, RiNo, or Stapleton). I suspect this is do to Diamond status drivers being able to see direction and trip time. So they decline the short trips obviously, and everyone else gets those scraps.

I've noticed most of my rides have been shorter overall.

I don't believe this will last long, because in order to keep the status your acceptance rate has to be above 80%. So the whole being able to see direction/trip time is kinda a paradox because if you decline the short rides you'll eventually lose the Diamond status.

180dayofchange

With the rollout of Uber Pro, I have noticed less rematches (when you get a trip immediately after drop-off) - even during peak hours.

Typically I would wait in the lot as long as I had a good chance of getting out of there within an hour. But since the Uber Pro rollout I've noticed this to be less profitable as well.

All of my airports rides since last Friday (around 10) have been less than 20 miles (either to Aurora, RiNo, or Stapleton). I suspect this is do to Diamond status drivers being able to see direction and trip time. So they decline the short trips obviously, and everyone else gets those scraps.

I've noticed most of my rides have been shorter overall.

I don't believe this will last long, because in order to keep the status your acceptance rate has to be above 80%. So the whole being able to see direction/trip time is kinda a paradox because if you decline the short rides you'll eventually lose the Diamond status.
yesterday I had a $4.16 rematch from Terminal West to the gas station, can you imagine waiting in the lot for hours and get a ride like that?

Daisey77

yesterday I had a $4.16 rematch from Terminal West to the gas station, can you imagine waiting in the lot for hours and get a ride like that?
You would get a short trip notice on both Uber and Lyft and be pumped to the top of the queue
Post automatically merged:

sometimes you wait at drop-off
Don't sit and wait on level 6. That very well could be contributing to you getting rematches too. Along with a $100 ticket??

RioRoja

I wasn't one of the 50% of Denver area drivers chosen for the UberPro beta, so my rematch ratio dropped significantly when the beta testing started back in November. I'll report back in a few weeks if my rematch ratio improves now that we're all on a more even playing field.

As Uber points out in the above article, proximity to the terminal doesn't matter when you are placed in the rematch queue (Lyft rematch works the same way). As long as you're in the rematch zone when you end the ride to DIA, you are placed in a FIFO queue for "approximately two minutes". The rematch zone starts east of Jackson Gap, so whenever I get a ride to any of the major rental car lots - the ones that are fairly close to but west of Jackson Gap - I don't end the ride until I'm back on Pena and east of Jackson Gap so I can be eligible for a rematch.

Last edited:

Laura Smith

Since the Uber Pro, my rides have been much longer! On Sat., I picked up close to home to downtown, dropped off and picked up another guy to the airport. On the way back down town, they sent me to Golden to pick up at the RTD Station by Jeffco County Bldg. for DIA again. Back to down town, I picked up a guy going to Red Rocks and at Red Rocks, I picked up a pool ride going to Boulder!!! A bus threw a rock at my windshield which has to be replaced now -- $100 deductible isn't horrible. Back to Denver empty. I did 5 trips in 6 hours.

Frontier Guy

Rematches are completely random. Week and a half ago, I did two airport drop offs and got rematches on both. This past weekend I had 5 airports and got one rematch, it started as shared ride but for whatever reason the guy cancelled before I got there, lucked out and got the other one, which in turn as we were at Pena and 56th another shared got added on. Drop 1 was 4600 E. Jewell, drop 2 was 1560 Broadway. Pay sucked, $34.00 for both, but I did luck out and get a prime time pickup as a stacked ping when dropping off that tipped $10 in cash for a $9.30 fare.

Since the Uber Pro, my rides have been much longer! On Sat., I picked up close to home to downtown, dropped off and picked up another guy to the airport. On the way back down town, they sent me to Golden to pick up at the RTD Station by Jeffco County Bldg. for DIA again. Back to down town, I picked up a guy going to Red Rocks and at Red Rocks, I picked up a pool ride going to Boulder!!! A bus threw a rock at my windshield which has to be replaced now -- $100 deductible isn't horrible. Back to Denver empty. I did 5 trips in 6 hours.
I think this has nothing to do with Uber Pro, you just had a lucky period