• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What's the best app for finding rides?

I see there are Rideshare assistant apps which do all kinds of things like help you track your miles and expenses and automatically switch the apps and decline rides based on rating Etc. All I want is something that will show me where the highest probability of getting a ride is. If it does the other stuff too I don't mind but the other stuff has no value to me. It seems like because these apps track our rides they would be able to compile information as to where the hot spots are at the different times of day.

FLKeys

I think that would be hard to do, the app would need all of Uber and Lyft's analytical data to spotlight trends and make forecasts.

What I would like is an app that shows me all of the drivers online in a designated area so I can decided where I want to stage. Nothing worse than picking an area to stage only to discover 7 other drivers within 1/4 mile. I would much rather know where all the drivers are so I can stage in an area with less competition.

Give me options like:
How many drivers with in X number of miles of me and show them on a map.
How many drivers in zip code xxxxx and show them on a map.

I think more drivers would spread them selves out better than Uber making fake surges to spread drivers out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think that would be hard to do, the app would need all of Uber and Lyft's analytical data to spotlight trends and make forecasts.

What I would like is an app that shows me all of the drivers online in a designated area so I can decided where I want to stage. Nothing worse than picking an area to stage only to discover 7 other drivers within 1/4 mile. I would much rather know where all the drivers are so I can stage in an area with less competition.

Give me options like:

I think more drivers would spread them selves out better than Uber making fake surges to spread drivers out.
Do you not use the Uber Riders app to see the other drivers around you??

FLKeys

Do you not use the Uber Riders app to see the other drivers around you??
I do however it only shows the nearest 7 other drivers. I want to see the whole area. My day job is in a dead zone. @8 miles in either direction is hot zones. The problem is one hot zone can have 30 drivers and the other only a few. I obviously want to head to the area with the least number of drivers. I use my tablet and slide things around to get my best estimates but it would just be nice if I could pop in a zip code and see how many drivers are in that area.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Give me options like:

Those apps already have access to your location and ride status. I'm sure they're compiling a mountain of information. All they would have to do is just make a map that shows where all the pickups have up have been.