Uber Drivers Forum banner

What's the average rides a day for drivers in dallas tx

3K views 24 replies 11 participants last post by  andaas 
#1 ·
New driver looking for answers just curious what to recive ..was thinking of working 7am to 7 pm is this good time frame?

#3 ·
Thank you .im gitting more info here then the meeting tonighti pritty much thunk that most clients will b wanting to go to dallas.so i was ready to drive there .i rather stay in mckinny up to grape vine area..may be later win i see a steady number in passagers ill pick up there .but right now im still skeptical of the flow .i here anything from 6$ a ride to 30$ at the meeting they said dont thing per ride think per hour at 23$ an hour ok but i was doing per car to figure in gas millage so id still b making a profit instead free rides way i look at . i also asked about aggresive passagers after i saw some you tub i got worried .they said i decide ..lol ok ive handle customers b4 working in home depot also i no i can keep my cool i was a care giver b4 i got hurt. Still any advice if they just say speed speed ill give you bad review or take the wheel .i would firmly tell them stop or im leeting out there an calling anoth driver that fits them ..im worried that company would not agree with this an im in truble thry didnt answer that question clearly .if i drive 6 days a week an availibe all day till 7 how much avrige id be pulling in if i worked in McKinney zone or frisco zone? Is enuf to cover a lease car or is a scam just to sell cars an then u can't pay for it .?i hope its at least 100$ a week.that would help a great deal

#4 ·
You will learn as you go... Hard to bring up all the tough situations you gonna face. The $6 ride they brought up will be close to $3 after uber fees.
Well, you are only hoping to get at least $100 per day which average out to at least $600 a week after car payment and commission . And this could be the reason why they couldn't answer your question. McKinney area is a little slow, so good luck with your new gig cause even if we tell you otherwise, u still have to try it out for yourself :)

#9 ·
My uncle told me about this job his sun got hired an said how ez it was. I would like a regular job like sub way or cashire but my health isues i cant handle it .knee probs keep me from turnning or standing to long an i cant lift anything for very long .but driving an helping people i can do .husband makes the money to survive these days .im hoping i can save most $ i make from uber to pay for surgerys i need to b the work horse i was .im a social person an looking forward to talking to customers as we drive if they want to .if i can make some one smile or there day brighter brings me great pleasure. Glad i got u bad ass drivers from dallas lol teach away .

#14 ·
There is no "rule". You'll find the majority of passengers will automatically choose to ride in the back seat, however, some may wish to ride up front. Remember that an UberX trip can include parties of up to 4, in which case every seat will be used.

If you are not comfortable with a single passenger riding up front with you, you can request that they ride in the back. Some may take offense to that and rate you lower.

As for me, I prefer a solo rider to sit in the front seat. I'd rather have them in my field of vision as opposed to sitting behind me. It's also easier to have a conversation.

#16 ·
Thank you for all the help im on line first x today an already up to 35$ it sloowed way down ..i stay in a city after i drop off passenger for 30 min then i head back home an wait all 3 rides have ben from my house .now 1 hour on line an noooooo activity..how long should i wait in a city ??

#18 ·
Thx i got it down now on weekends early morn are the big fares an after 3 r the small fares.now x fit week day down was thinking loging in around 10 for the lunch crowd.im not sure if want drive at rush hour after 3 here traffic gits cloged in allen . so fare my first 2 days aren't bad i git 7 rides a day .an estimate of 144 my first chk .i no thats weekend now time to learn week day

#22 ·
I'm doing research to see if I want to become a driver. Would you mind sharing some more information with me? You are welcome to send me a PM if you're more comfortable with that. (I'm new to this site so I don't even know if you can PM, but I assume so)

My questions:

What was your income for that night, before and after Uber's cut?

Would you mind sharing with me how much you normally make per week? How many hours/wk do you average, and what hours do you normally work? (I assume it's probably the 10pm-4am you mentioned)

I'd be eternally grateful for any information you could offer me. I'm looking into leasing a car from Uber, but they're so expensive, I want to make sure I can meet those payments and my personal goals. Like I said, a response via private message is fine, too. Thanks so much in advance!

#24 ·
I'm doing research to see if I want to become a driver. Would you mind sharing some more information with me? You are welcome to send me a PM if you're more comfortable with that. (I'm new to this site so I don't even know if you can PM, but I assume so)

My questions:

What was your income for that night, before and after Uber's cut?

Would you mind sharing with me how much you normally make per week? How many hours/wk do you average, and what hours do you normally work? (I assume it's probably the 10pm-4am you mentioned)

I'd be eternally grateful for any information you could offer me. I'm looking into leasing a car from Uber, but they're so expensive, I want to make sure I can meet those payments and my personal goals. Like I said, a response via private message is fine, too. Thanks so much in advance!
Hi my first weekend was good i think 139. Now for leasing a car i would wait 140 an up a week is alot ..ive ben seeing lees options on web for 150 a mounth also drive time is good for people with good or bad credit looks reasonable i was thinking same thing about leasing but im giving it a mounth before i decide my cousin jumped right in an did it hes young lol im more careful.this my first week with uber an i did not recive my first pay check today sooo im scrambling for answers

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.