What's it like in Albuquerque?

Christinebitg

I'd like to hear from you people what it's like in Albuquerque. Both driving for Uber, and otherwise.

My Significant Other grew up there and says we should move there in retirement. I'm already semi-retired, but my S.O. is still working.

Not that it matters, but since someone might ask, we're living in Houston right now. I've lived all over the U.S.

tomabq

You can make 100-150 a day here. 200 on the weekends, I'm sure it's not as good as Houston. What do you average in Houston?

Christinebitg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What do you average in Houston?
It varies a lot. I've had times when I could gross $500 per week during the day.

I've started driving more nights recently, and they vary from $80 to $120 in a night. More when there are special events going on, like an Astros game or a concert (or both!)

Christinebitg

How many hours? I'll generally drive 9-10 hrs. from noon here and make between 100-150 on the week days. Weekend $150-225.
My hours vary a lot. It really depends on what else is going on socially for us.

Between the variation in my hours, and the variation in events, and the seasonal variation as well, I'm reluctant to quote a lot in the way of figures.

Christinebitg

Just wanted to put a little closure on this thread.

A week ago, I spent a day in Albuquerque. Rolled in at suppertime, spent the next day driving around among other things, and left at Oh-Dark-Thirty the day after that.

I discovered that there are tons of hiking trails in the national forest. I went to Old Town. I drove over to the river and walked around over there. I had a great time, and I hope to be back later.

The drive back to Houston was looong (15 hours on the road). I would have done it in two days, but I'd already been away from home for two weeks at that point, so I wanted to sleep in my own bed at home.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it.