1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What's a "Fly" XL Car ?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by mactube, Dec 6, 2016.

1. PowersAssociates

PowersAssociates Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I got a Ford Explorer sport 2017. Qualifies for XL on uber and premier on lyft. Great SUV love it

2. PowersAssociates

Driving:
    UberXL
    My 2017 Ford Explorer sport is the same and uber won't make it select but lyft made it premier

3. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Agreed , that's a sweet SUV . It's eligible for Black/SUV in a lot of markets , crazy there are some markets that won't even put it on Select

4. PowersAssociates

Driving:
    UberXL
    I'm fighting with them now, by fighting I mean calmly going to the greenlight center next week with proof from lyft that my SUV is a lyft premier so uber is losing money by not having me on the platform bc I won't do uber x or pool

5. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    So I actually drove an Uber employee to our Greenlight office and I asked him about my car which was going to become ineligible for UberSelect after Jan 1st if they added a year to the qualification (which they didn't) he said he didn't know if the year was going to change but since I was a current driver if I came in and was nice and asked they would keep my car on select for at least another year after it was not eligible for select ( I drive a 2015 Passat SEL and 2007 BMW 335 both which were on their last year of eligibility, so I thought) He also said they might want to take a look at the condition of the vehicle but they usually will extended current drivers on Select eligibility as long as they're not jerks

PowersAssociates likes this.

6. The bucks county guy

The bucks county guy New Member

Sister to the Escalade.

LEO2112 and PowersAssociates like this.
  7. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    My 09 Expedition is the same

No reason to pay for a new car.

Get a police Exploder, Expy, or Tahoe, drop in a third row (and some junkyard leather if feeling vain), put some vinyl wrap and plastidip on the cheapest looking parts (steelie wheels, front grille, plastics on console, roof rails...)

....and done.

8. AZAV8R

AZAV8R Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    You'd probably be as surprised as I was after getting a loaded 2015 Chrysler Town and Country minivan. I went out looking for an Explorer but they were all over priced. I bought the van from a dealer for $16K with 40K miles. (had been a rental vehicle) Even my girlfriend said "Oh hell you're not bringing a minivan home!"

Needless to say I actually enjoy driving it and it is very comfortable. Even my passengers comment on how nice the van is...."This is a minivan? Wow, this is nice. Never thought I'd say that about a minivan."

I've put 13,000 rideshare miles on it since September and have not had a single problem with it. And those automatic sliding doors make it easy for the pax to get in and out. I get 21-22 mpg

PowersAssociates likes this.
  9. PowersAssociates

Driving:
    UberXL
    That's awesome. I bought the Explorer for personal use and use it for uber/lyft bc I own it lol but that's a great idea for someone starting out

10. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    No its not

Dude spent 16 grand on it

That's Maserati and Escalade territory

11. PowersAssociates

Driving:
    UberXL
    Where can you get a Maserati for 16k??

12. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Craigslist?

There was also a fixer upper in Compton for $8k a while back...

Anyway Escalade would be a better rideshare choice. And those CAN be found in years young enough to go Select/XL

13. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Also depends on your market . For some reasons cars in Denver are 20-40% more then other cities . I've thought about buying my next car out of state to save some money