1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What's a "Fly" XL Car ?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by mactube, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Shangsta

Shangsta Well-Known Member

Yeah I am pretty sure minivans dont qualify for select. Just XL

2. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I do wonder about Panamera though....afaik it has a grand total of 4 bucket seats

"So cool it doesn't matter"????

And Cayman.....is a tiny coupe that seats 2 and a half

3. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    There's a few markets that have mini vans on their select list. R series Mercedes and Chrysler Town and Country

4. MSUGrad9902

MSUGrad9902 Well-Known Member

My understanding is the published lists of "select" vehicles doesn't automatically include everything on the list or preclude anything not on the list. What they are looking for is a newer model car that is nice looking with leather seats and a highly rated established driver.

PS - the Ford Flex limited if you bought it new and loaded is 50k plus.

5. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    New cars are for know-nothings

Shangsta likes this.

6. Marlan P.

Marlan P. Well-Known Member

Def right, the interface for the rider app gives x and xl way more attention, the prices being so big doesn't help either.

7. Shangsta

Interesting... the town and country was discontinued this year. Chrysler has the first hybrid minivan in the pacifica. Even can go about 30 miles all electric

8. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yeah the Pacifica is the replacement for the T&C . I bet you'll start seeing a lot of those Hybrid Pacificas on the road as Taxi and TNC vehicles real soon . Right now I think they're too expensive but Chryslers have a knack for dropping in value real fast

MSRP is $43,000 right now (you get a $7,500 federal discount so that drops it down to $35,500)
    Bet you could probably get one just under $40k , wait for some used ones with 10k plus miles and I bet they'll drop into the high 20's still too expensive for a rideshare vehicle but hey some people much disagree

9. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Pacifica is WAY suspicious

They're usually THE absolute cheapest cars on Craigslist

Gotta be something wrong with em, no?

10. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Those aren't the same as this one
    The older Pacificas were garbage but the Town and Country and Dodge Caravan are solid mini vans . The new pacifica is basically the new Town and Country .

But as far as resale almost all american cars and vans plummet in value

Shangsta likes this.
  11. Shangsta

As steve said, you are thinking of their discountined suv.

12. Peppino

Peppino New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Toyota Highlander
    oyota

13. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I think my 2017 Nissan Pathfinder should be selected for Uber Select since it can seats up to 8 people ,with black leather interior and black exterior. It's a nice ride.

PowersAssociates likes this.
  14. MSUGrad9902

Uber updated its select list here - The Flex is on the list as long as it's 2013 or newer. Mine's an '09 so next one I get will likely qualify without even groveling.

A 2010 or newer highlander is also on the list. That would be a "fly" XL car I do believe.

15. Jimmy Bernat

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Especially a Hybrid highlander, here in Denver they have to be 2013 or newer and those are the remodeled ones that are still pretty pricey

16. MSUGrad9902

My flex is an 09, but I only paid 13k for it. So I'm debating the next car purchase whether I should spend more to get to a select vehicle or stick with a lower cost and continue with x and xl. Right now I'm comfortable with how it's going as this is a side job.

17. merryon2nd

merryon2nd Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I've done well with my 2014 Pathfinder. It gets compliments, and seats 7-8.
    Pacificas are scary. I've worked on a number of them, and EVERYTHING is a project on them. They're also known, in certain years, to suffer from major trans and/or motor failures.
    Highlanders are generally quite nice, and hold up nicely. As do the Pilots. The Mazda crossovers are nice rides, roomy if you get the 3rd row seating, and since they're not using the Ford transmissions anymore, they're pretty sound vehicles.

18. Shangsta

You are thinking of the SUV version which was discontinued.

19. merryon2nd

merryon2nd Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Meh, I'm thinking new Mopar period. I'm lumping the Durangos and most newer jeeps in there too. They're all sewage.

20. RaleighUber

RaleighUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    It's a starbucks venti latte with soy.