• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Whatcha Got Cookin?

MHR

Cold✔
Windy ✔
Rainy✔

With those three items checked off it means it’s the time of the year that I do a lot more cooking than normal. This year I’m trying out some new recipes just to keep me entertained and busy.

I’m in Texas so obviously I’ve got chili recipes galore and Mexican food from scratch is something else I love cooking so I’ve got those covered. I’m in a town heavy with German heritage and I’ve found I don’t much care for German food, except the pastries.

That said, I’m interested to hear what some of your cold weather “must haves” might be, meals that might be unique to your territory or remind you of where you grew up, maybe the smell of it cooking takes you back to when you were young and life was simpler.

I have to admit, I cooked up one of my Mama’s recipes that I found and it was so spot on it created a rush of memories and literally brought tears to my eyes.

Bonus points are awarded if you can post a link to a recipe.

And now I present to you Hank Williams (Sr).

VanGuy

One day I'd like to successfully make something I've been thinking about since I got a braising pan. 4 day stew.

Here's the goal:

Day 1:
Braised chicken thighs
After supper put the stock and leftover veggies in one container, the meat in a second and the bones in a third.

Day 2:
Braised Ribs
After supper put everything in the fridge same as day 1.

Day 3:
Smoked Roast in my smoker
After supper chop up the leftovers and into the meat container
Take the leftover stock and veggies from days 1 and 2 and put them in the blender, then put into slow cooker overnight with the bones and new vegetables and spices to really make the stock pop.

Day 4:
Take out bones, blend veggies from the night into the stock, back into the slow cooker. Add meat from days 1 and 2, more veggies, some potatoes and spices to make 4 day stew and cook all day.

I've made it up to 3 day stew but never quite make it all the way to smoking a roast and adding it. One day this fall I hope to make it all the way.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Cold✔
Windy ✔
Rainy✔

With those three items checked off it means it’s the time of the year that I do a lot more cooking than normal. This year I’m trying out some new recipes just to keep me entertained and busy.

I’m in Texas so obviously I’ve got chili recipes galore and Mexican food from scratch is something else I love cooking so I’ve got those covered. I’m in a town heavy with German heritage and I’ve found I don’t much care for German food, except the pastries.

That said, I’m interested to hear what some of your cold weather “must haves” might be, meals that might be unique to your territory or remind you of where you grew up, maybe the smell of it cooking takes you back to when you were young and life was simpler.

I have to admit, I cooked up one of my Mama’s recipes that I found and it was so spot on it created a rush of memories and literally brought tears to my eyes.

Bonus points are awarded if you can post a link to a recipe.

And now I present to you Hank Williams (Sr).

Jambalaya, Crawfish pie, Filet Gumbo . . .

Attachments

Invisible

Thanks for starting this thread. Now @sellkatsell44 can post her food pictures here and stop making me hungry.

I’m going on a strict diet, starting next wk. No more cheese, including cheese curds 😪 or crap food for me.

Back to my healthy salads and crockpot meals for winter. I’ll post a pic next wk. But for the wknd, I’m getting anything with cheese in it!!!

Cold Fusion

You NEED a 24 hour food mart gas station like BROTHERS !
WITH FRESH FRIED CHICKEN !

Not frozen heatlamp pizza substance with process cheese food !
Ugh !
Look 👀 @ all the stuff U get for $1 ✔(unless discounted dumpster dive🥳)
1 Slice 7-11 pepperoni 🍕 pizza:

INGREDIENTS:
👉crust (enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, breadcrumbs (wheat flour, sugar, yeast, salt), soybean oil, dried sourdough, contains 2% or less of yeast, olive oil, sugar, salt, dough conditioners (acacia gum, ascorbic acid, enzymes), baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate)),

👉whole milk mozzarella cheese (pasteurized milk, cheese culture, salt, enzyme),

👉 sauce (diced and crushed tomatoes, water, tomato paste, high fructose corn syrup, modified food starch, blend of romano and parmesan cheeses (part skim milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), salt, citric acid, spices, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), garlic powder, onion powder),

👉pepperoni (pork and beef, salt, spices, dextrose, lactic acid starter culture, oleoresin of paprika, flavoring, sodium ascorbate, sodium nitrite, bha, bht, citric acid), provolone cheese (pasteurized whole milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, powdered cellulose (anti caking agent)), parsley (dehydrated), oregano (dehydrated).

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Look 👀 @ all the stuff U get for $1 ✔

INGREDIENTS:
👉crust (enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, malted barley flour), water, breadcrumbs (wheat flour, sugar, yeast, salt), soybean oil, dried sourdough, contains 2% or less of yeast, olive oil, sugar, salt, dough conditioners (acacia gum, ascorbic acid, enzymes), baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate)),

👉 sauce (diced and crushed tomatoes, water, tomato paste, high fructose corn syrup, modified food starch, blend of romano and parmesan cheeses (part skim milk, cheese cultures, salt, enzymes), salt, citric acid, spices, sodium benzoate and potassium sorbate (preservatives), garlic powder, onion powder),

👉pepperoni (pork and beef, salt, spices, dextrose, lactic acid starter culture, oleoresin of paprika, flavoring, sodium ascorbate, sodium nitrite, bha, bht, citric acid), provolone cheese (pasteurized whole milk, cheese culture, salt, enzymes, powdered cellulose (anti caking agent)), parsley (dehydrated), oregano (dehydrated).

Rated C-.
Lower than many Dog Foods.

( why does their " Pepporoni" have " starter culture" , powdered ' cellulose' and more " cheese" ingreduents than the " cheese" ?)

Invisible

Look 👀 @ all the stuff U get for $1 ✔

INGREDIENTS:

But then you have to spend money on this because the person, who cooked your food, didn’t wash his hands and/or he put some secret sauce in it.
EB87E8EC-71A2-4C6F-A71A-4CF6CC928B16.jpeg

MHR

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jambalaya, Crawfish pie, Filet Gumbo . . .
You can’t just tease us with a screenshot, I need to hear Hank sing.

You got a crawfish pie recipe? Unfortunately no fresh crawfish right now, at least where I am.

I’ve got a pretty good Jambalaya one the boys like.

Invisible

aaat least fried chicken RESEMBLES food !
Albeit steroid chicken dosed with antibiotics !
At least its not lab grown pepperoni culture !

( pitre dish pepperoni fungus ?)
Actually if you order a fried chicken some place, you could get something else.

And that’s why I like making my own food!

Sorry, MHR. Please don’t boot me for this post. 😋

Cold Fusion

But then you have to spend money on this because the person, who cooked your food, didn’t wash his hands and/or he put some secret sauce in it.
👉 Diarrhea is what Keeps me Trim, Pollutant Free and Smooth Sailing ⛵ 👍
Post automatically merged:

“it was my elementary school cafeteria on pizza day.
It’s the type of pizza that I have not tasted since those innocent years in 3rd or 4th grade, handing off a meal ticket to the wonderfully sweet lunch ladies who would proudly present me with the ultimate cafeteria prize.

I have a feeling that no matter who you are, you’ll have this same experience when you taste it. And to top it all off, each slice is $1.”

Last edited:

MHR

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It’s the type of pizza that I have not tasted since those innocent years in 3rd or 4th grade, handing off a meal ticket to the wonderfully sweet lunch ladies who would proudly present me with the ultimate cafeteria prize.

I have a feeling that no matter who you are, you’ll have this same experience when you taste it. And to top it all off, each slice is $1.”
Well...at least you’re on topic. :roflmao:

tohunt4me

👉 Diarrhea is what Keeps me Trim, Pollutant Free and Smooth Sailing ⛵ 👍
Post automatically merged:

A 7-11 food critic write up with Rankings !

What a Wonderful Time to be Alive !!!