What?

Hoka

Today I was in MPLS around Henn & 6th 5:15. The map is all $PINK$!!!! But no requests for 5 min surrounded by all that pink, ♪♫♯ BooM request in Plymouth 9 miles west of my pos plus rush hour traffic. Why would I get a request to go out that far at that time down that road when all of DT was lit up pink?

circle1

B'cause these companies are jerking us around with worms on hooks (aka PT or surge). They do that to re-position drivers in advance of an anticipated rush of business. The only way to make surge rates is to learn when & where demand will overwhelm the number of potential drivers at any given time and locality . . . in my opinion . .

SurgeMasterMN

Today I was in MPLS around Henn & 6th 5:15. The map is all $PINK$!!!! But no requests for 5 min surrounded by all that pink, ♪♫♯ BooM request in Plymouth 9 miles west of my pos plus rush hour traffic. Why would I get a request to go out that far at that time down that road when all of DT was lit up pink?
What they need to do to motivate drivers to go further is match the Surge location you are in currently. This takes care of the extra miles for the driver and depending on which way you are going it could be a higher priced ride like yours in Plymouth. And then the PAX gets a ride and isn't left wondering why no one is picking him or her up. Any far rides like that especially on surge I like to call or text ahead to make sure they do not cancel when you are halfway there.

Why not just not accept the trip? I don't think uber/lyft can do anything to you if you have a low acceptance rate. Mine hovers around 50% because I only accept half my trips and don't mess around with 15 minute away trip requests.

brianboru

Just don't accept the trip. I don't accept anything over 8-10 minutes away unless I am pretty far out and want to get back to the cities.

Uber10k

Never accept a trip 8-10 minutes away. Uncle Uber just plays games with you when they do that. Wait it out, it will come!!!!!!