What would you have done?

UberIsAllFubared

ok so I was having the short ride day from hell in the sfv, and couldn't get a ride to take me to the core like normal, probably cause I started late. So around 5pm I get a unicorn of a 3.1x surge from woodland hills to Panarama City. The lady was either a nanny or house keeper as the ride was in a guys name. As we get near the destination she asks if I can wait for her to go into the house and grab something, then go pick up her kid and take them to a store. Now had this been on her dime, of course at 3.1x surge. But I knew it wasn't on her account so I tell her it's on "Bills" account. I ask her if it's her boss, and she says yes in broken English. I ask if she's a nanny and she says, no house keeper. Again I tell her the ride is under "Bills" account and she says , yeah just take me to original destination. The whole time I'm thinking, if I take her all over the valley at 3.1x the dude is just going to dispute it and I will wind up with nothing. So I just took her home.

Tedgey

Let me throw it back at you. Let's say this trip was at card rate. So you're getting $.90/mile and $.15/minute. She asks for this additional side trip that'll only cost the account holder a buck or two, it'll cost you a few minutes getting paid crap, but at least it's something, obviously the lady works hard, and of course there's the time honored tradition of employees getting a little extra for themselves at the boss's expense. Would you have had the same ethical concerns about doing her this favor under those circumstances?

LA Dispatcher

I picked up a nanny earlier in the week from Manhattan Beach. Her boss pays for her Uberpool both ways so she won't have to wait for the bus for two hours. These are nice solo pool runs. Late night service oriented workers tend to take long pool rides that pay nicely with platinum and open freeways. They also seem to be the nicest pax.

UberIsAllFubared

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Let me throw it back at you. Let's say this trip was at card rate. So you're getting $.90/mile and $.15/minute. She asks for this additional side trip that'll only cost the account holder a buck or two, it'll cost you a few minutes getting paid crap, but at least it's something, obviously the lady works hard, and of course there's the time honored tradition of employees getting a little extra for themselves at the boss's expense. Would you have had the same ethical concerns about doing her this favor under those circumstances?

Um Tedgey, there was no ethical concern, except for myself. I just didn't want the boss man disputing the ride if I drove the house keeper farther than the original destination. At 3.1x the ride gets expensive, and I could just see the dude disputing a $100 ride for his house keeper, then F-uber reimburses the entire ride back.