What would you have done?

UberNWATL

I had a 5:30 AM ride request this morning about 4 miles away... One my way there the PAX calls and is a little out of breath and says she will meet me at the entrance to the neighborhood. 3 minutes before I get to the entrance I get another call and she is a little more hurried and says she is not there yet so drive up the street and she will meet me. My naive self thinks she is just very late for work or an early flight. As I get to the entrance and head down the street she come half running towards the car, jumps in the back crying and says she was attacked. Looks like she is in late teems to early 20's, although I am a terrible judge of age. I immediately ask her if she is OK and what happened and she says that a girl and man she was visiting started to jab and hit her. I asked if she has or would like to call the police and she says no, and she just wants to go home. I asked if she called her parents. She said no and wanted to go home.

At this point I drove her home as requested which was about a 15 mile trip into north Hiram.

My wife said I should have call the police immediately, but I was hesitant to thinking she may run off and be in potentially more danger.

How would you have handled this situation?

UberHoax

I had a 5:30 AM ride request this morning about 4 miles away... One my way there the PAX calls and is a little out of breath and says she will meet me at the entrance to the neighborhood. 3 minutes before I get to the entrance I get another call and she is a little more hurried and says she is not there yet so drive up the street and she will meet me. My naive self thinks she is just very late for work or an early flight. As I get to the entrance and head down the street she come half running towards the car, jumps in the back crying and says she was attacked. Looks like she is in late teems to early 20's, although I am a terrible judge of age. I immediately ask her if she is OK and what happened and she says that a girl and man she was visiting started to jab and hit her. I asked if she has or would like to call the police and she says no, and she just wants to go home. I asked if she called her parents. She said no and wanted to go home.

At this point I drove her home as requested which was about a 15 mile trip into north Hiram.

My wife said I should have call the police immediately, but I was hesitant to thinking she may run off and be in potentially more danger.

How would you have handled this situation?

I would have done nothing at all since there was no Present Danger or destruction to your property. The pax knows what to do for their situation after the fact.

Makes no sense for you to call the police... she has a phone where she can call and she told you not to call the police.

Last edited:

FivestarsGreg

You can contact the none emergency police and let them know, since you have her address it wouldn't be hard for them to find.
Really that's all you can do.

UberNWATL

Thanks... I have worked in customer service all my life but never had to deal with a lot of crying young women. I have had 3 in the past month...

Usually if women in my life were upset I knew exactly why and what to do. Say I am sorry and it will never happen again and try to find a way to leave the house until they settled down. :-)

I had a PAX later that day that was asking me questions regarding my experiences so I related this story... Afterwards she told me she was a trial lawyer and her questions were not related to if I made the right decision but what I did to protect myself in case she told her parents the Uber driver did it.

Her advise was to get a web cam, because sooner or later given how much we drive, there was going to be an issue with a PAX or another vehicle.

I would be curious to know who here has one. I ordered mine last night.

Harleyfxdx1

I've got a dash cam that records inside and outside the vehicle. I wouldn't think about driving without it .... for the exact reasons the lawyer pointed out, plus all the various incidents that have been reported in the news and shown on YouTube.

negeorgia

All I can do is trust the system that the other party will not lie under oath. Some people get into trouble for making false statements to police or filing false reports, but some don't.