Uber Drivers Forum banner

What would you fine/report?

1K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Another Uber Driver 
#1 ·
I talk to my friend in Houston who's been driving Uber for awhile for a lot of advice on Uberthings and he was talking about how a drunk girl got just a LITTLE bit of puke in his car and he took the photo and sent it to Uber and he got $150 right away. I was telling him about a kid I picked up from one of those rich preparatory schools in MD and he traipsed across mud and got it on the floor board of the back seat. Like it was kind of one of those things where you're just left thinking "Like, REALLY???" But he was a kid and no offense to anyone here but a lot of rich kids are kind of stupid common sense-wise to be honest so it made sense. Didn't even know you could do that with ordering an Uber under a different account but I just got back from Raleigh, NC and noticed when I used my rider app that you set up a family account and others can use it. But back to the question, would you report that and try to get a fee for it? My friend said he absolutely would but only reason I guess sometimes I have to big of heart and I'm thinking, "I was gonna vacuum my car out anyway and it came out easily, no big deal even though at the time it P%^$#ed me the F off."

#5 ·
So another question then....I know this is a sensitive subject because we are absolutely required to take people with service animals as I feel we should but a girl had a lab in my car and I couldn't believe how much dog hair was left behind, I spent a good 10 minutes at the car wash getting it out with the vacuum. Any comments on what or if you can do anything in that situation?

#9 ·
Go to Big lots,look in the pet section,they have a pet seat cover for $10...I install it and leave it,just in case I get a dog,it's waterproof and serves well on rainy days too. It's also good for those people who are covered in dog and cat hair. I can't tell you the amount of animal hair I've had in my car when I never picked up people with animals.

#6 ·
You should've for two reasons:

1. Uber pays shit, so anything extra is always welcome

2. It'll teach Richie Rich a lesson. I guarantee that when the parents see that he will be cleaner getting into the next Uber

So another question then....I know this is a sensitive subject because we are absolutely required to take people with service animals as I feel we should but a girl had a lab in my car and I couldn't believe how much dog hair was left behind, I spent a good 10 minutes at the car wash getting it out with the vacuum. Any comments on what or if you can do anything in that situation?
My understanding is under the ADA a service dog the rider can't be charged a cleaning fee. It doesn't mean that Uber won't pay it. Submit it to Rohit and the gang and see what happens.

#7 ·
#1, definitely report the mud...because the next passenger will down rate you for it..., get rubber floor mats, can be spot cleaned with water bottle and a rag or little broom kept in the trunk

#2, I have gotten a clean-up fee for a service animal before. The passenger said she understood if I asked for the cleaning fee, but now, I keep a blanket in the trunk to throw over the seat, and it makes it a lot easier. Passengers often tip me, when I show that I'm prepared for the challenge.

#10 ·
Report it, get the money. You are rendering taxicab service but are being paid little better than METRObus rates. If you accept Uber Pools/Lyft Lines, you ARE rendering taxicab service FOR METRObus rates.

I would expect that Uber or Lyft would not pay for what a service animal left. Still, what is the worst that they can do/say?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.