What would you do?

Shakey Jake

I am sitting at home and I am about half way through Game of Thrones when I get a Select ping at 3:30am.

Should I pick them up?

A few factors that will go into the decision:
#1. I had a crappy Sunday. I waited over an hour for a XL ride from SNA and it went 1.7 miles. I also drove over to the Rose Bowl and got stuck in traffic for over an hour, and all I got was a 2x to DTLA.
#2. There is a 95%+ chance that this is going to LAX for $70+.
#3. I will have to dead head back home 30 miles.

Phoenix123

Half way through GOT, I would finish it, although this episode was not as great as last ones, hopefully its better next week.
If someone gave your 70 dollars for like 25 dollars would you take it, if the answer is yes, then get out take that ride...

zidane00

I would have picked it up because this episode bored me to death. They are just milking it now.

Shakey Jake

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
What if I told you on the way home you would be getting this sweet ride?

1D51C5AA-D519-4DCF-88A0-AC2D3D7B4F80.png

Post automatically merged:

Did you expect to get a ride to LA from SNA?
Nope. I was in no hurry to get back to LA, and I have not taken a ride out of SNA in over a year, so I thought I would give it a try. I was expecting better than 1.7 miles.

Last edited:

somedriverguy

You guys do know that when you post “strong” routes here it gets back to Uber and Lyft and they take proactive steps to mitigate for it.

NEVER show your hand. Ever.
That isn't a "strong" route. It is a very rare occurance of the amount of time actually trumping the distance in money owed. That was not only a faster route, but a cheaper one as well.

710 would have been a strong route but may have had too much traffic as well.

Carbuncle

That isn't a "strong" route. It is a very rare occurance of the amount of time actually trumping the distance in money owed. That was not only a faster route, but a cheaper one as well.

710 would have been a strong route but may have had too much traffic as well.
Not at that time of the morning. And not going east.

I lived in La Habra Hts and had family scattered around that region. I know those freeways well.

That’s a route that would definitely draw attention.

somedriverguy

Not at that time of the morning. And not going east.

I lived in La Habra Hts and had family scattered around that region. I know those freeways well.

That’s a route that would definitely draw attention.
I love in Pomona and drop off at LAX at 4:30-5:00 in the morning once or twice a week as my last ride of the night. That is how I get home to avoid traffic.

Carbuncle

I love in Pomona and drop off at LAX at 4:30-5:00 in the morning once or twice a week as my last ride of the night. That is how I get home to avoid traffic.
Pomona to LAX is the dominant flow of traffic. C’mon, man, you’re killing me. At any time before 6am that’s a circuitous route.

I’m not harshing him for taking it, just posting it here. Guaranteed corporate looks at this stuff.

Shakey Jake

Google maps said this was the fastest route, and the traffic in downtown would be even worse by the time I would have gotten there. That was not really long hauling.

Aerodrifting

Not at 5:12AM though, downtown traffic gets worse after 630am unless some idiot gets into an accident and closes down 2 lanes

Shakey Jake

Then on my way home Lyft was throwing airport rides at me, but if they think I am going to sit in rush hour traffic for an hour at base XL, they have another think coming.
3183C34A-EED7-4541-ADEE-A40213F110BB.png
E85AD81D-F3B1-418B-ACC9-B5502B0794C4.png

hybriduber

Then on my way home Lyft was throwing airport rides at me, but if they think I am going to sit in rush hour traffic for an hour at base XL, they have another think coming.
View attachment 318026 View attachment 318027
So, do you expect PT at that time in the morning? 5:54 am and 6:21 am? Come on man, there may be some traffic, but do you really think you should get PT at that time? I guess upgrading to higher platforms has really gotten to your head. From what I can tell about you from your post of X days, you would've been happy to do those rides at base. Did you honestly believe you would get something better than those rides from where you were? Damn, you've come a long ways, haven't you!?!?!?!?!?

BTW, how were those dead miles from W. Covina all the way to Pasadena in your gas guzzler helping you? You are starting to sound like all these desperate Select drivers on this forum. And to think, I used to think you were awright because you used to hustle to make that cheddar.

Just to add one more thing, both those rides are not bad on a Sunday morning. The extra minutes would be terminal traffic and there is nothing you can do about that!!!

Last edited:

Shakey Jake

So, do you expect PT at that time in the morning? 5:54 am and 6:21 am? Come on man, there may be some traffic, but do you really think you should get PT at that time? I guess upgrading to higher platforms has really gotten to your head. From what I can tell about you from your post of X days, you would've been happy to do those rides at base. Did you honestly believe you would get something better than those rides from where you were? Damn, you've come a long ways, haven't you!?!?!?!?!?

BTW, how were those dead miles from W. Covina all the way to Pasadena in your gas guzzler helping you? You are starting to sound like all these desperate Select drivers on this forum. And to think, I used to think you were awright because you used to hustle to make that cheddar.

Just to add one more thing, both those rides are not bad on a Sunday morning. The extra minutes would be terminal traffic and there is nothing you can do about that!!!
Remember, I worked all day Sunday, and this is a continuation. I was working a late night, not an early morning, and I was getting tired, and I want better pay to stay out than base fare.

Do I expect PT? Hell if I know. I have worked about 5 mornings in my 4 year doing rideshare.

I think this was a product of me still hustling since I could have stayed at home and called it a night early, but when that ping came in for a Select in the early morning I got out of bed and got it. Also, there is nothing but traffic between Pasadena and LAX. When I was driving on the 105 on my way to Covina it was a parking lot. I am a night driver, and I hate traffic. I am not going to crawl along for over an hour for base XL, and then fight traffic deadheading home. I might have made $40, but I would not be getting home for another 3 hours.

I would have loved to get those rides on Sunday when I needed them, but not on a Monday morning. If I was driving all AM, then it would have been different, but it was time to shut it down.

Last edited: