What would you do?

djino

Train for a different type of skill that's in need.

Same as what people have been doing since the beginning of the industrial revolution.

There will always be a need for human work.

Djino

Cowwy

Train for a different type of skill that's in need.

Same as what people have been doing since the beginning of the industrial revolution.

There will always be a need for human work.

Djino
what would u train for?

Kurt Halfyard

Author
My day job is developing electronics and sensors that could potentially put millions of people out of work via AI/Automation. I for one, welcome our potential new robot overlords.

Athos

People are always focused on making money and neglect the power of conserving what cash they have by not spending unnecessarily. It's a balance sheet and you have to pay attention to both sides of the coin.

dmoney155

Remember what someone here said when conversing with pax from Bridal Path... save save and save, let the money work for you.

Cowwy

Remember what someone here said when conversing with pax from Bridal Path... save save and save, let the money work for you.
i would convert money to hard skill instead. At least you know you can use it at some point and use it as much as you need.

Athos

i would convert money to hard skill instead. At least you know you can use it at some point and use it as much as you need.

You have to have a balanced approach. If you invest everything you have in yourself by upgrading some skill or expertise you are betting that your direction is a wise one, that your skill will be in demand in the future and that your health and interest will hold up. Labour markets get flooded, you yourself change and technology waits for no-one. It's a gamble so I don't think you should go all-in like a riverboat gambler.

Refusing to spend unnecessarily, however, always will have a benefit. It can be a study in itself and there are books and stories about people who in a very short time kill off debt and get into a house that they have a stake in. You can make it like a game, a sport like hypermiling where the goal is the savings itself. It can be fun. You have to learn the difference between need and want. Maybe start by cutting down at Timmy's and go from there!

Kurt Halfyard

Author
LIVE WITHIN YOUR MEANS. This isn't rocket science.

Do you need that $1000 phone?
Do you need to eat fast food 2 times a week?
Do you need to pay for Cable or Streaming services?

Karl Marx

If your real job got replaced by robot?

" I like you two. You're inferior creatures, with poor reasoning faculties, but I really feel an affection for you. You have served the master well and he will reward you for that. Now that your service is over, you will probably not exist much longer, but as long as you do, you shall be provided food clothing and shelter, so long as you stay out of the control room and engine room." Reason a short story by Asiaac Asimov

Although Asimov wrote this more than 50 years ago, it is a warning sign that as we build out these humanoid extensions of ourselves they will probably mirror our own immorality. The unrest at Google headquarters this past week, that a division of the company, is weaponizing AI. Was met with a counter denial by upper management that is not, is definitely a sign Google engineers are working with the DOD.

Every time we put something into Google search and click on a result we are by extension feeding and nurturing AI. Most people have no idea that we are clicking ourselves to digital and AI slavery.

Last edited: