1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What would you do?

Discussion in 'News' started by kinicky21, Feb 15, 2017.

1. painfreepc

painfreepc Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Had a female passenger a few months ago leave a bottle of prescription pills in my cup holder,

You're right she was very careless I should have just threw it out..

Believe it or not back in my taxi days I actually had a lady leave her baby in my backseat I should have just threw the baby in the garbage..

dcfrau likes this.
  2. Vampire76

Vampire76 Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Yes please continue your rant. I'm not an Uber driver so I do find it quite entertaining to see This but I do have a solution. If you want a taxi service then pay for a real one with professional drivers. There is an old saying "you get what you pay for".

3. Trafficat

Trafficat Well-Known Member

1- Dumb Driver

2- You could have probably just ridden it out and submitted a "inefficient route" complaint to Uber. The driver would then lose part of his fare and perhaps learn not to take advantage of customers. But then this may have cost you time.

3- Dumb driver

4- Uber should allow the driver to see the destination before they accept... that would stop this from happening.

5- The driver may have been Uber-swapped with another driver? I once had a rider give me specific instructions to go to a different building at the hospital than the pin, so I said sure, but then Uber swapped me to another closer rider. Uber should have some way of letting the driver communicate with the swapped pax or other driver. There was no way for me to communicate with the other rider or driver to make the situation right.

6- WTF driver. [ I hope you complained to Uber and got refunded.]

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  4. painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    Yes I got refunded it was no trouble at all Uber knows exactly where you are in relationship to the driver,
    The Uber app even asked if you if you want your position monitored..

This is why you need to be very careful about continuing a trip to drop off client Friends when the client is not in the car always have client put the new address in the app before you continue..

Believe me I love reporting idiot drivers, the last idiot Uber driver showed up on a XL class pick up but without the available six seats, instant report and refund..

DaveYanakov and LAuberX like this.
  5. painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    Now that I myself am a customer of uber at least a half-dozen times a week I am starting to see things in a whole new light,

I asked drivers a lot of questions and I can tell you most of these new drivers Don't Know Jack,

Damn near every driver I get in the car with has been driving for less than a month,

Many these drivers don't even know how to use Google Maps they don't even know there's an overhead view button,

I've had several drivers actually asked me how do they activate Uber pool for their client,

I've had at least a half-dozen drivers refuse a tip telling me that uber does not allow tipping, I've even had a few drivers actually quote uber propaganda perbatim,
    " no need to tip me sir tipping is not required"

I've had many drivers telling me they're making a great living with uber, they really love it they don't want to go back to the desk job,

I see now why uber wants to keep on boarding drivers,
    Because if they keep a constant flow of new drivers, they have a constant flow of idiots that won't Buck the system..

I forgot to add it also keep the flow of nice shiny new cars, which of course makes Uber look good..

simpsonsverytall likes this.

6. simpsonsverytall

simpsonsverytall Well-Known Member

We aren't in the Hospitality Biz, we're Uber or 'rideshare'.

Tipping is optional.

This makes Customer Service optional.

The industry has nicely covered the Customer Service dynamic, with the social norm, that tipping your driver 15% or so of the Fare is socially expected, and that you may tip more or less based upon service provided.
    Uber, in their greed, and belief in ubiquitous cheap-labor, changed our social norm to the idea that tipping is 'optional' and not expected.

Game changer.

7. crazy916

crazy916 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    That creep who tried to shake them down. That way when they leave something in my car and ask me to return my reasonable service charge doesn't seem like that much.

tohunt4me and simpsonsverytall like this.
  8. corniilius

corniilius Well-Known Member

Kind of stupid to hold their property hostage. In this case she needed to get home that day and agreed to pay. ******s like this driver make the rest of us look bad.

Please, tohunt4me and Grahamcracker like this.
  9. Trebor

Trebor Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    They used to have this when Uber cared about drivers.

10. EX_

EX_ Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Those individuals clearly didn't want whatever they left behind, so out of the car they go!

11. Wardell Curry

Wardell Curry Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Not gonna lie. If a pax leaves an item in my car I will return it when it is convenient for me unless they are willing to cover the costs of me delivering it to them. This idea that we should return items asap is ridiculous. One woman swore she left her i phone 7 in my car and keep xalling me even after I said it wasnt there and another pax likely saw it and took it. Then she had the nerve to tell me she could track the phone yet I wasnt even at the location she said she tracked it too. So someone else did likely have it. Smh.

12. Please

Please Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Nice of the officer to give this scumbag an out.

I was told of a similar incident by a campus police officer at one of the many DC universities.

One of the students left her phone in an Uber. When the 20 year old contacted the driver he told her his fee to return the phone would be $200. The distraught college student reported the situation to the campus police who in turn contacted DCPD.

At the suggestion of the police the girl told the driver, "I can get the money." Let's just say. ..that driver is not on this forum. But, his car may be available at auction.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
    Trafficat and tohunt4me like this.
  13. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I think if I was panicked about getting on a plane without any ID I would be willing to pay more than base rates to get my purse back.

tohunt4me likes this.
  14. Fuzzyelvis

Fuzzyelvis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Isn't it nice of uber to be so cheap that an unemployed college student can afford to use it?

15. freddieman

freddieman Well-Known Member

Drivers know what the right thing to do is. The problem is, what is the pax's "right thing to do"?...which is compensating the driver for what is the pax's mistake. Many pax's are not doing the right thing. Money evens things out. Just fair compensation is all the driver is asking for.

Please and EX_ like this.
  16. Slim Pete

Slim Pete Well-Known Member

When people think of Uber, I want them to think of the city bus, and expect the same treatment for their lost items.
    LOL

17. 2Cents

2Cents Well-Known Member

I've returned several items before and I always get the "you're getting 5 stars for sure..."

I'll try to pay for my expenses with those stars.

18. Please

Please Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    It's good to see at least one Uber rider on this forum. You see the attitudes and angles of some drivers. It helps you prepare.

19. Please

Please Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Soooo, "greed" isn't a factor in your decisions?

20. nickd8775

nickd8775 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    $200 is too much! Unless the driver was in Philadelphia or Richmond when he found the phone.
    You have to give a free way for someone to retrieve their lost phone, picking it up from a police station. You can then give a paid way, charging a delivery fee.