What Will ”Getting Back to Normal” Look Like

waldowainthrop

It depends on who gets their way. Not to make it political, but if it's the Republicans, we'll be going to concerts and sports games in the next 6 months. If it's the Democrats, we'll be quarantined until there's a vaccine.
Both of those sound untenable to me. I don’t think most Democrats are going to be that hardline on quarantine, but I do agree that a lot of people are thinking that way.

“Normal” will be most local businesses running on normal schedules. I don’t care if facemasks are the norm for a while, if businesses can recover and operate.

M62

I'm not sure things ever will be exactly the way they were prior to all this. Even if we get to a point of zero CV cases and/or complete immunity, it may still leave some mark on the levels of caution we take about such things. As an example, wearing masks during seasonal outbreaks may become more common in Western countries, etc.

I guess relative normal would be schools open, and people going about their work and leisure activities as normal. But I think that will be a slow process. Even when things do start to open up.

losiglow

Both of those sound untenable to me. I don’t think most Democrats are going to be that hardline on quarantine, but I do agree that a lot of people are thinking that way.

“Normal” will be most local businesses running on normal schedules. I don’t care if facemasks are the norm for a while, if businesses can recover and operate.
I agree. Probably a bit of hyperbole there. I just get frustrated when the focus is on the problem rather than the solution. It seems the Dems are focused entirely on the "could happens" while the Reps are focused on how to move forward. Granted, the Reps are all about $$$ and obviously want the economy to get up and running for election reasons - even if it's not entirely safe. Thing is, $$$ (or lack thereof) is what's ruining everybody's lives right now. Obviously the Rep's aren't being completely altruistic, but they're right that we need to get the country up and running sooner than later, even if it means risking more infections. While the Dems almost seem like they're trying to sabotage that effort, again, in an effort to make the Reps look bad and sway the election that way. The problem is that it's costing people their livelihoods.

Never have I supported Trump and his desire to get things going more than I have now. I've always thought him to be an imbecile but I'm all onboard with him on this one. We can't sit here an live in fear forever. Take precautions and move forward.

Launchpad McQuack

The question doesn't make sense. If you are not going back to the way things were prior to the outbreak, then you are not "getting back to normal." You are establishing a new "normal".........which is what I think is going to happen, at least for the immediate future. For quite a while now, I have been laughing at all the commercials and whatnot trying to encourage people by saying this is temporary. I don't think it is anywhere near as temporary as people want to believe that it is. When all is said and done, we are going to be measuring this in years, not months. Just my gut feeling.

tohunt4me

View attachment 465036

Bonus points ~ define ”normal” 🤔
it means Pizza Delivery will SLOW DOWN !
Post automatically merged:

NANNY STATE !

Reactions: MHR

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
This picture is from around a year ago this time. This was one of my honey holes that I always got good long runs from. I was waiting for my pax, who was still inside and snapped this picture as the moon came out of the clouds. Back then the moon and the colors of the building were my focal point for the picture. Now I look at it and my attention is on the once normal sight of people casually sitting in a restaurant enjoying a night out.

20200524_201950.jpg

losiglow

I think once we're into flu season, paranoia will escalate. There are concerns Covid will be around another 12-18 mos.
Fingers crossed.
Covid will be around pretty much forever. It will simply be another respiratory illness. It may turn out that we get a flu shot along with a "c19" shot or something like that each season.

Now whether or not we decide to hide like little rabbits because it's out there is the question.

ANT 7

I'll be happy once social distancing, wiping everything between customers, and masks are done with. It is necessary, but it has also turned buying pretty much anything in a store into a chore I'd rather do without.

"The New Normal"
Post automatically merged:

We're not getting back to the way it used to be... We've entered an Orwellian nightmare.

A Hunger Game society were the "non essentials" will be at the bottom of the social hierarchy. The police state will become the largest employer and those employed will ruthlessly enforce the will of the ruling class to maintain their status.

Last edited:

Muhammad D

Even Kabul Afghanistan extended the stay home order to 45 more days. This virus has disturbed everyone. The next 10 years don't look good. I also just read that this virus will not go away. It will stay among us.

Even Kabul Afghanistan extended the stay home order to 45 more days. This virus has disturbed everyone. The next 10 years don't look good. I also just read that this virus will not go away. It will stay among us.
The lockdown isn't about a virus. It's about transitioning the planet into a global surveillance state. Do you really think the ruling class cares about a virus that has 99.9% survival rate? Don't be so naive. Open your eyes and see the malice in their actions.
Screenshot_20200510-100856_Chrome.jpg