What Uber doesn't want you to hear

lespaul

How long have u been Ubering?
You first... lol

I'm not sure what is your position on the info I've posted. I've been Ubering 6 months but most importantly I've been through 2 BAS and about to complete 1 income tax cycle. So I have a fair idea on how to digest what she is saying.

My opinion is that Uber wouldn't want drivers to watch this video.

What's yours?

george manousaridis

You first... lol

I'm not sure what is your position on the info I've posted. I've been Ubering 6 months but most importantly I've been through 2 BAS and about to complete 1 income tax cycle. So I have a fair idea on how to digest what she is saying.

My opinion is that Uber wouldn't want drivers to watch this video.

What's yours?
I am refer to Melbourne ,Victoria Not NSW.
Yes ya right,I'm not even indicating you don't know what your doing as an Uber driver.These videos are on YouTube or....uberguy for example,many and many videos past and present.One thing I will inform you,Uber on start up was different to its current form. Price cuts a few we had,I not sure if you know about these.but one massive one was in March 2015,cut 15% by Uber.That us a big whack,but I stick around to see what happens with this evil,the future is not known and most interesting

Last edited:

lespaul

Yes ya right,I'm not even indicating you don't know what your doing as an Uber driver.These videos are on YouTube or....uberguy for example,many and many videos past and present.One thing I will inform you,Uber on start up was different to its current form. Price cuts a few we had,I not sure if you know about these.but one massive one was in March 2015,cut 15% by Uber.That us a big whack,but I stick around to see what happens with this evil,the future is not known and most interesting
Her calculations apply to California. But its the same concept.

Homebrand Taxi

Total cut in rates in Melbourne was 30% over a period of 11 months with the first one being in May of 2015 and the second in April 2016. And we have been hurting ever since.

george manousaridis

Total cut in rates in Melbourne was 30% over a period of 11 months with the first one being in May of 2015 and the second in April 2016. And we have been hurting ever since.
Yeppers absolute correct,for me hobby,dont chase surge or AP.Stay put wherever i am and go with flow.Feel compassion for the drivers trying to make a living.See what happens testing times

george manousaridis

So would you recommend getting on the uber band wagon and making some extra cash can you give and indication on what you can potentially make please.
Dwelling on the past and really doing out of mind hours,1700-2000 weekly,after the 15% rate cut about a year and over ago,figure .Know day s i go with the flow,i changed my times around to suit me.I make 300+ a week im happy and pending my mood i do what i choose mate.I have my reasons,and its me for me.

So would you recommend getting on the uber band wagon and making some extra cash can you give and indication on what you can potentially make please.
I suggest read the forums and decide.go for it if u wish.

Icecool

This lady is so dumb . She got everything wrong . She only did the calculation on the .90 per mile but forgot about the .15cent per minute . If you work 40 hour per week then .15 x40x60 = $360 extra per week . A car dosent wear out every every two years . Nobody Change car every two years . A new car is not expensive unless you buying a luxury car you get warranty and can can drive up 300,000km or more . She said she have done the calculations so where is the number instead of just assuming and talk . If you listen to her you are just as dumbs .

Last edited:

DH_uber

This lady is so dumb . She got everything wrong . She only did the calculation on the .90 per mile but forgot about the .15cent per minute . If you work 40 hour per week then .15 x40x60 = $360 extra per week . A car dosent wear out every every two years . Nobody Change car every two years . A new car is not expensive unless you buying a luxury car you get warranty and can can drive up 300,000km or more . She said she have done the calculations so where is the number instead of just assuming and talk . If you listen to her you are just as dumbs .
Not dumb at all. Any experienced driver knows that you will only end up with 40-50% of Uber's pay out figure after deducting your running costs, GST and depreciation, and will then be assessed for income tax on this amount. Its not viable as a full time occupation.
It's a different ball game for you Sydney drivers who are still getting $1.45/km etc.

Icecool

Not dumb at all. Any experienced driver knows that you will only end up with 40-50% of Uber's pay out figure after deducting your running costs, GST and depreciation, and will then be assessed for income tax on this amount. Its not viable as a full time occupation.
It's a different ball game for you Sydney drivers who are still getting $1.45/km etc.
I'm an experience driver and I know alot full time driver they all doing ok if they put in the works . this lady never did uber I wouldn't listen to her . In Sydney we have higher standard of living our rent and housing are much more expensive than Perth . You don't need an expensive car to do uber . Our wages are higher than any other state. Uber is a not quick get rich scheme or a job that you can do nothing and get like the government jobs but it better than having no job .

Icecool

In Perth and a lot of other locations in Australia Uber's rates are unsustainable. There's absolutely no doubt about that. If you are able to survive in Sydney with your much higher rates then good luck yo you.
The question I alway ask drivers who are not happy or so convinced that they not making money from uber . Is why still drive uber find something else to make a living or stay on centrelink.

DH_uber

The question I alway ask drivers who are not happy or so convinced that they not making money from uber . Is why still drive uber find something else to make a living or stay on centrelink.
Yes that's the same standard stupid response that is all too frequently given by your camp. The funny part is you guys don't even realise you're being exploited, you actually seem to think you are "successful" Uber drivers LOLOLOLOL

Last edited:

Icecool

Yes that's the same standard stupid response that is all too frequently given by your camp. The funny part is you guys don't even realise you're being exploited, you actually seem to think you are "successful" Uber drivers LOLOLOLOL
Yes the funny thing is that I'm getting paid by uber after I minus what you call expense I still have money in my bank account . And there are people who whinge , saying they don't make money from uber and still drive for uber . Don't know who is stupid ?

MyRedUber

Yes that's the same standard stupid response that is all too frequently given by your camp.
It's not a stupid response. If people have so many complaints about doing something, why do they continue to do it? Just so that you can go to some online forum to vent? That's a stupid respond to an unhappy situation.

UberX driving is not the highest qualified, highest paying job I've had. But, on a weekday, daytime only, away from peak hours, I can take home, after all expenses, around $16 an hour, the equivalent of pre-tax income in a part-time job. If I work the better days, times and areas, but still daytime, without needing to carry the drunks, I can still take home around $50 an hour. Not bad for a low-skilled job.

Yes, I do have some criticisms of the company, but on balance, it's more than worth my time doing this occasional job.
At least it is in Sydney. Most other cities I would probably not bother.

BUT, IceCool's is not a stupid response. If people have so many complaints about doing something, why do they continue to do it? Why?