What to say to new/5 star PAX tips

UberxGTA

Every time you get a highly rated or (5*) passenger, drivers should ask them 'how long have they been using Uber?'
If they are new, I give them a promo code for a free first ride and educate them on tipping be telling them tips are not included. This prompts them to often reciprocate with a tip....since they just got a free ride. I get tips using this method a lot.
Drivers can also avoid enforcement stings that are deployed by avoiding pax with 5* ratings. This would usually only occur during the day and if its been publically announced.

Actionjax

Every time you get a highly rated or (5*) passenger, drivers should ask them 'how long have they been using Uber?'
If they are new, I give them a promo code for a free first ride and educate them on tipping be telling them tips are not included. This prompts them to often reciprocate with a tip....since they just got a free ride. I get tips using this method a lot.
Drivers can also avoid enforcement stings that are deployed by avoiding pax with 5* ratings. This would usually only occur during the day and if its been publically announced.
Promo codes don't work for the pax once the ride has been started. They will get an error in the app that the code has already been used. This has been like this for over a year now. You used to be able to do this at one time. Not anymore. They are good for only new sign ups.

And since Pax ratings get reset after a period of time you can have a 5* pax that has been on the system a very long time. So the sting theory you can't always use that as a reliable gauge.

Judgeetox

I was wondering...Can't a rider just make another account with a different email address if their rating gets too low?

Actionjax

I was wondering...Can't a rider just make another account with a different email address if their rating gets too low?
If they use a different credit card and confirm a different phone number and email address yes. Multiple accounts is against the terms of service.

UberxGTA

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber links old and new accounts of the same rider.That's how they are able to ban riders and keep them off the app. Criminals can find temporary work arounds but Uber's fraud system is always getting better.