1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What to do?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Uber/Lyft Concierge, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Uber/Lyft Concierge

Uber/Lyft Concierge Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    So I gave a ride to two paxholes. I gave my usual greeting... "(I got tons of stuff for you no other driver has, all for free)" alright, not the actual greeting, but close. They skip on everything...no words from then on....they decide to have a meal in my car, against my better judgement, I allow it. This one in the front isn't holding her food when I make a gentle, really, left turn. She dumps her salad in my floor. It has dressing, so I am concerned and say, as she is cleaning it up, "please get it all up" in a pleading tone. Again, no words. I get them where they want to be and I wish them well and have a nice day. Now they are dinging me for unsafe driver and professionalism. I have the ENTIRE RIDE on video and told uber it's BS and they insist on leaving the rating in place and won't even review my video. What to do my friends?

jgiun1 and tohunt4me like this.
  2. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Did you get a cleaning fee for the dressing on your floor?

3. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust Well-Known Member

You’re probably stuck with a one star. Go for a cleaning fee.

4. PTUber

PTUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Probably to late but next time immediately send a note to Uber explaining what happened. Also as Cableguynoe said get pictures for a cleaning fee. Don't worry about the 1* or Unprofessional/Unsafe in the grand scheme doesn't matter.

5. Who is John Galt?

Who is John Galt? Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

Let it go, but don't forget it. Learn from it very, very quickly. Going forward, your car, your rules. Your way or the highway.

Oh, and "I got tons of stuff for you no other driver has, all for free" - ditch it.
    It is demeaning and quite frankly disgraceful that you do that.

6. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    That's why I don't allow salads in my car, just burgers fries and tacos

One Star Larry and jgiun1 like this.
  7. Who is John Galt?

Driving:
    UberX

I'm not sure if it is the same rule(s) there, but we are only able to submit a report and cleaning fee claim immediately after the relevant trip. If another trip is taken after the trip in question - and which obviously can be checked - forget about a cleaning fee.

I got caught with this late one arvo / early evening when it was dark and two construction guys got into the back seats of the car and left all sorts of crap from their boots and gear. I was unaware of it until I picked up the next rider and she complained. I was able to pacify her, but the mess these guys left took me nearly an hour to clean up and no cleaning fee. I learnt a lesson from that.

jgiun1 and Termie like this.
  8. upyouruber

upyouruber Well-Known Member

Re-create the mess and claim your fee! Teach these paxholes a lesson.

9. Who is John Galt?

Driving:
    UberX

That is the point. If a trip has been taken since, you can't claim.

jgiun1 and Cableguynoe like this.
  10. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If somebody spills a little salad dressing you wipe it up with a damp rag and take it as a lesson learned. Don't allow people to eat in your car.

Requesting cleaning fees for this type of trivial nonsense just makes things more complicated for the people who really need it.

11. upyouruber

Yes you can. You have three business days to do so, as stated by Uber!

jgiun1 and Canoe4you like this.
  12. Who is John Galt?

Driving:
    UberX

But not if another trip is taken, BEFORE reporting it.
    I know....it caught me out.

jgiun1 likes this.
  13. Pax Collector

Pax Collector Well-Known Member

Get your cleanup fee and never repeat the same mistake?

jgiun1, Julescase and Cableguynoe like this.
  14. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I sort of agree.
    A small accidental mess I would probably just do what you said.
    However, if I feel they disrespected my car, didn't even apologize, in reporting it.
    Not so much for the money, but because it makes me feel good.

So if you took the very next ping after the "mess", they won't pay.
    Couldn't have been that bad.

If you took the night off to clean it up, drive the next day and report it a day late, I believe they will still pay. You just have to be able to show that it was so bad you couldn't drive.

jgiun1 and Julescase like this.
  15. upyouruber

Incorrect. Then the uber rep screwed you over. Never had a problem filing a claim within three days of incident, regardless of any additional rides completed.

jgiun1, CJfrom619 and Julescase like this.
  16. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Not necessarily. The scenario you described says the next pax was the one that alerted you to it. That's valid. You made your request via the app or a phone call, didn't you?

That's OK. That's what you're supposed to do. NOW what you do is this: the next time you're in the neighborhood of a GLH, you stop in and have an ACTUAL Uber employee take another look at your claim. You'll get paid if it's within 2 weeks or so. After all, you did report in a timely fashion. The claim was initialized in time.

17. Kodyhead

Kodyhead Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    The problem with uber is you can ask them the same question 10 times and get 3-5 answers some of them the complete opposite of each other

18. Julescase

Julescase Well-Known Member

I've actually had many pax tell me "I can't stand when drivers try to push their water, gum and mints on me! I mean, I just need a RIDE for God's sake!"

True story - multiple pax - and it always makes me so happy that I don't offer **** to anyone.

For the few pax who ask "do you have any water for me?" I usually laugh and tell them that for .72 cents per mile, I can barely afford water for myself!

I'd be working for free if I was expected to hydrate each passenger.

19. Julescase

Julescase Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about that - it's certainly worth a shot - why should such an entitled atrocious person be able to treat another so horribly without repercussions?

OP, definitely submit photos and a cleaning fee request to Uber ASAP. You only have 3 days from when the Snowflake Princess graced your car with her salad; make sure you include details and submit worthy photos.

And people don't understand why most drivers feel pax are entitled, ignorant mofos.....

No driver should have to deal with that kind of bull****.

Agreed - it's the lack of regret and apologies from the rider that gets under my skin.

We also don't know how much salad dressing there was - believe me, a spilled salad that has dressing on it can make an absolute MESS. I certainly wouldn't be happy to have to deal with it due to a careless pax. A few pieces of lettuce with a little dressing dropped on the rug? Fine. A salad drenched in dressing falling all over the floor? NOT fine.

20. Who is John Galt?

Driving:
    UberX

Go into your second to last ride in the app and try to lodge up claim and see what it says.

jgiun1 likes this.