What to do when it's slow??

Reversoul

In December I can sit with the windows down.

To the op, one thing I have found to pass the time is playing online spades on my phone. It's enjoyable. But every few minutes the uber app will startle me with an alert asking if I want to stay online. It drives me crazy.

MaximusMurkimus

I browse this site lol

If you don't get any activity after 10-15 minutes OP you might want to consider moving a city over.

Another Uber Driver

Wait, why would you leave your engine running? Windows down, engine stopped. Wait.
In ATL it's 95 to 98 degrees most days with extreme humidity. Windows down wouldn't cut it...
^^^^^^^^^^^\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/
Ah, gotcha. That makes sense.
To-day, in Washington it was 99F/37C. Humidity was extremely high (always is in the summer). You could feel the thick air. Now, if you are going to run the engine, you must crack two windows to avoid CO poisoning. We have had cab drivers die while taking a nap, here, on a taxi stand with the motor running and windows closed. No one who left windows cracked ever has died.

I will take a nap when it is slow I have a hybrid, so the engine will stay off for extended periods of time when I am parked, but still I leave open windows. I put the air condition on "Maximum" (usually I run "Normal", as the air condition in a Fusion is SOOOOOOO COLD. How cold is it? It is SOOOOOO COLD..............HOW cold? It is SOOOOOOOOOOO COLD that if you hold a can of beer in front of the vents for ten minutes, you have ONE COLD BEER [DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE]).

SEAL Team 5

I'm parked at the moment don't want to drive around and waste gas.. What should I do?
You can go to the local nuddie bar and tip with the Al Bundy dollar on a string method. Just don't forget to bring your phone in with you. On second thought that might not be a good idea since Uber is hacking their way in your video and speaker. I can see it now, a new thread entitled "Deactivated, Uber just heard next on stage Bambi through my phone". Better stick to solitaire.

Reversoul

^^^^^^^^^^^\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

To-day, in Washington it was 99F/37C. Humidity was extremely high (always is in the summer). You could feel the thick air. Now, if you are going to run the engine, you must crack two windows to avoid CO poisoning. We have had cab drivers die while taking a nap, here, on a taxi stand with the motor running and windows closed. No one who left windows cracked ever has died.

I will take a nap when it is slow I have a hybrid, so the engine will stay off for extended periods of time when I am parked, but still I leave open windows. I put the air condition on "Maximum" (usually I run "Normal", as the air condition in a Fusion is SOOOOOOO COLD. How cold is it? It is SOOOOOO COLD..............HOW cold? It is SOOOOOOOOOOO COLD that if you hold a can of beer in front of the vents for ten minutes, you have ONE COLD BEER [DO NOT DRINK AND DRIVE]).
It may be hot in DC now, but it doesn't stay that way like it does in GA and FL. It will stay miserable here until late October. Then we get some cool 70's temps.

Another Uber Driver

It stays that way from June to mid-September. It is in the high eighties to the mid-nineties during those periods. It gets into the lower eighties until late September. Washington is built on a drained swamp. If pressed for a definition of Cruel and Unusual Punishment, Washington in late July would fit.

Reversoul

And you guys have to deal with very brutal winters too, right? It gets cold here around Christmas. Temps even drop down in the 30's at night...very cold. And if there is even a whiff of snow flurries, the city shuts down. It look like the set of walking dead lol.

Another Uber Driver

There has been more snow of late, here and, winter has lingered longer than it used to. They even cancelled a Nationals game early in the season over the "wind chill factor". In reality, the winter is not too bad, here, but, take that statement cum grano salis; I am originally from Massachusetts.

A few centimeters of snow, here, will shut down the City and suburbs.

Bill Collector

Go to thrift store.. Buy vintage valuables.. List 'em on eBay.. Pretty easy to list using eBay app.. I've made more money doing that instead of Ubering!