What to do in this situation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

simpsonsverytall

Two sad cases.
The gentleman has no control of his emotions and doesn't know how to handle a situation. He is incompetent at the moment(maybe he's usually more together, and this is just a really bad day? Maybe he's always woefully incompetent?).
The lady however, is a bully.

1. Stay cool and professional - not only will this help you stay rational and safe while being baited and bullied, it will deter bullies like this from even trying anything. - They want emotional victims, they don't want cool professionals who give zero fox.

SEAL Team 5

Sad thing is that's not even his car. It's an Uber lease.

THIS IS A JOKE because the driver screamed "get out of MY (bleeping) car" about 26 times. For humor only, just like you guys were laughing at the video when you 1st watched it. Please don't ask "how do you know it's a lease?".

Last edited:

shiftydrake

What a moron......all he had to do is tell her where er was at.......if she still had not left grab keys and phone call police ......stay out of car then wait for police........prime example of how some Uber drivers are definitely NOT professional drivers........he totally lost control........ok now I am going to wait for the condescending remarks

Bad uber pro

Well, this @@@@ was at the hospital already, how hard was it to get out of the car and ask where the ER is? Most hospitals will take you a 5 min walk max to find the ER. On the Uber App u can put your destination as the hospital. Obv she was annoying him and trying to make his job difficult by saying I don't know where I am at when u r in front of a freaking hospital. I am not defending this guy who sounds really fraustrated and pretty disturbed ... But this doesn't deserve any petty for acting this way. Cheap a** get out the car and find the emergency room

Last edited by a moderator:

SEAL Team 5

Well, this **** was at the hospital already, how hard was it to get out of the car and ask where the ER is?
Lesson # 267 in driving 101.

At any hospital in the country, the emergency room entrance, directions and signage will ALWAYS be marked in red. And will be the only red on the exterior of the hospital and the property of the hospital. As Sammy Hagar said in the early 80's, Red Red, I Want Red.

tohunt4me

At any hospital in the country, the emergency room entrance, directions and signage will ALWAYS be marked in red. And will be the only red on the exterior of the hospital and the property of the hospital. As Sammy Hagar said in the early 80's, Red Red, I Want Red.
Yes.
There are always signs at entrance ways with arrow pointing to emergency entrance.

Good thing for Uber drivers to know.

Driving straight to Emergency could save the 1 pint you need to live one night.

Wouldn't hurt to practice approach on a few hospitals in your city on a slow night.

The life you save may be your own .

tohunt4me

Two sad cases.
The gentleman has no control of his emotions and doesn't know how to handle a situation. He is incompetent at the moment(maybe he's usually more together, and this is just a really bad day? Maybe he's always woefully incompetent?).
The lady however, is a bully.

1. Stay cool and professional - not only will this help you stay rational and safe while being baited and bullied, it will deter bullies like this from even trying anything. - They want emotional victims, they don't want cool professionals who give zero fox.
Could you imagine him doing pizza delivery ?

Your pizza is on the other side of the building .

COME GET IT !

Bad uber pro

If
Yes.
There are always signs at entrance ways with arrow pointing to emergency entrance.

Good thing for Uber drivers to know.

Driving straight to Emergency could save the 1 pint you need to live one night.

Wouldn't hurt to practice approach on a few hospitals in your city on a slow night.

The life you save may be your own .
If someone is in that much of a need for medical attention and instead of calling an ambulance they call Uber, then they r too dumb to be living in this world. U should have learned in 1st grade how to dial 911 if someone is in an emergency and not open up your app and look for the nearest driver and hope they r going to show up

Bad uber pro

Lesson 1 in 101 common sense. From any entrance of the hospital, it will take you less time to get off your ass and walk to the emergency room than having someone get out of the parking lot, take a right, stop at a red light for 2 min... Hit a few stop signs and get you to the front door of the ER. If this lady was in any sort of emergency, do u think she will be sitting at this guy's car arguing with him knowing he's not going to drive her anywhere? Common sense 101

Another Uber Driver

Day-yumm, Say-yumm, a little Customer Service, perhaps?

It matters not if I am driving the taxi or the UberX car, I always say something upon arrival to make sure that I am where the customer wants to be. Statements such as "This would be it...............", "Here it is..............", "This looks like_____________(fill in address)........", "If anything is XXX _________Street, this would have to be it........." go a long way toward making sure that you have the passenger where he wants to be. Questions are also an option, such as "Is this the entrance that you want?" , "Is this where you want to be?". If nothing else, I do offer to wait and allow them to go and check to see if it is where they want to be. I do make sure that they understand that the meter remains ON (if in the taxi) or the trip is not ended (if in the UberX car). If it turns out that we are not where the customer wants to be, I make sure that the customer has learned where he wants to be, then take him there.

The driver does state that the customer kept him waiting at the pick-up and then started on him about how pressed for time she was. I have run across more than a few of these over the years. They can be extremely difficult to handle. They will badger you the whole trip about the traffic, how you are driving and blame you for everything that goes wrong. One thing that I learned about these people early on is that you must nip it in the proverbial bud. When they get into the car, especially those who keep you waiting and suddenly are in a hurry, I let them know that I will not tolerate any nonsense.

"Mademoiselle, I have been here for fifteen minutes and you may consider yourself fortunate that I waited that long for you. If time were that much of the essence, you would have been at the kerb when I pulled up here. Oh, and I do not want to hear any argument about how long you kept me waiting, and I do not want to hear any argument about what you are going to pay for that. Next, lack of planning on your part does not constitute and emergency on mine. I will not run lights, I will not speed and I will not violate the right of way of pedestrians and risk a summons just for your sake. If there is a route that you want me to take, tell me now, before I go anywhere. If you leave the route up to me, I assume that you are aware that I know my business. I will not tolerate any complaints about the route once I have started, If you try that, be aware that I know that you are trying to put the blame on me for your tardiness, trying to chisel the fare, trying to intimidate me, any combination of the above or all three. Be aware that I will not suffer any of it. Is there any part of this that you do not understand? No? Good. If you try to badger me or give me any grief during this trip, I will warn you only once. If you continue after that, I will pull to the side of the street and you will get out of my cab/car. Now, do you want me to transport you or do you want to summon another ride?"

Even if I must give the above "initial lecture", once I arrive, I do make sure that I have transported the passenger to where he wants to be. I will offer to wait even for an obnoxious passenger so that he can make sure that he is where he wants to be.

In defence of the driver, she may have put on her "Game Face" when she started to record. She could have been quite the obnoxa during the trip. I have put more than a few of those out of my cab.

One thing that does make me question the driver is that rarely did he look at her when he ordered her from his vehicle. I always look at the person to whom I am speaking. Another thing is that he kept threatening to call 911 but never did. If you make a threat, you should be prepared to make good on it. Further, I do wonder if the driver asked her what entrance she wanted. For hospitals, I always ask the entrance when the customer boards the vehicle. If it is a building that I know has more than one entrance, I always ask which one once the customer boards the vehicle. As few buildings in Washington have a "Main Entrance", often, when, say, they want to go to, say, the Kennedy Centre, I ask them "Which entrance and please do not say 'Main'; the Kennedy Centre has no 'Main' Entrance."

Another Uber Driver

I directed the "customer service" more at the driver's failure to deliver the customer to the place where she wanted to go. It could not have been that much bother for the driver to find out where the ER is at that hospital and take her there. In fact, I would be willing to bet that he could have gotten her out of the car more quickly had he found out where the ER is and driven her there.

I had passed over the "anger management" part, for the moment, at least.

To be sure, Uber really must de-activate the driver. This is one place where the "no reason" clause is helpful, to Uber, at least. Rather than deal with the back and forth about "She started it, she did A, B, C, D, E and F", all that Uber need do is say "Buh-bye".

If I must evict a passenger from my vehicle, I always go to great pains to keep down my voice and not use foul language. In fact, if I need to summon help, usually it is the customer who is out of control while I am calm. The Police always have given me more credibility as a result.

agtg

What to do?

Driver: Be respectful to riders from the start. Treat people with dignity and you won't make them angry. Either drive around the building to find the entrance to the ER or politely ask the woman to exit. Keep your cool, even if they're rude. If they refuse, and you feel they've treated you poorly without reason, you reserve the right to call 911 to have them removed from your vehicle. If you keep your cool, you're in the right and they're in the wrong (even if the app didn't bring you to the ER entrance). If you lose your cool, you look like a moron and a jerk.

Rider: Be respectful to drivers from the start. Treat people with dignity and you won't make them angry. Get out when a driver asks you to exit, don't argue. You have a smartphone with an app that will hail you another vehicle in minutes if necessary. Don't argue with angry people, and don't videotape people while antagonizing them under the guise of being a victim. You plainly show yourself to be more concerned with stirring up a mess than getting to the ER.

Status
Not open for further replies.