• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What to do if pax gave a $100 tip for a small mess (puke)

Girl makes a small mess in the car (small puke puddle) Guy tips $100. Do I charge clean fee...

• Yes take the $100 tip and charge clean fee

Votes: 180 70.3%
  • No mess only took 15 minutes to clean

Votes: 76 29.7%

• Total voters

JMlyftuber

I would refuse the tip but claim the fee. I think 250 would be excessive but $100 is too low when the cleaning fees are expected knowledge of the passengers and they need good incentives not to do antisocial things like damage your property. I have a sensitive sense of smell and I can smell puke for days after a good cleaning. I'm sure other people can too and it can't help your ratings or tips.

RynoHawk

I would refuse the tip but claim the fee. I think 250 would be excessive but $100 is too low when the cleaning fees are expected knowledge of the passengers and they need good incentives not to do antisocial things like damage your property. I have a sensitive sense of smell and I can smell puke for days after a good cleaning. I'm sure other people can too and it can't help your ratings or tips.
Request that $80 to $100 be knocked off the normal cleaning fee but the rest charged. That's fair.
That is y'alls opinion, but I say "heck no!" The tip and the cleaning fee are two separate things. He specifically stated he would tip heavy for stopping to get something to eat as well as for the ride as a whole. He did not apologize for the mess they made. He did not say, "Hey here's something extra for the mess." The rider totally ignored it and left a huge mess. To me it seems they felt entitled to mess up the car as he was planning on tipping big. That behavior should be corrected and the driver should not have to use his promised tip to clean his car.

Uber315

I’m the type of person that would put in for a partial cleaning fee . Thanks to the big tip. I would not charge them the whole fee. That me I have ethics . How often do people tip you 100.00 . Exactly. Though if you charge it you are within your right as long as they told you it was a tip. Now if they told you it was for the mess then trust me you are gonna get screwed. Do what you feel is the right thing!

MarkR

It's a tough one. He did tip you $100. But he didn't come clean at the end of the ride and fess up to what was going on back there. This would be a tough one for me also but I believe I would go for the cleaning fee and feel slightly bad about it but take it anyway. There's a little bit of greed at play but there is also a punitive damage.

Anyway, what kind of car are you driving? Let's see if we can find you some good vinyl seat covers at a decent price.
NOT TOUGH to figure out. A cleaning fee and repairs if not able to clean.