• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What to do if pax gave a $100 tip for a small mess (puke)

Girl makes a small mess in the car (small puke puddle) Guy tips $100. Do I charge clean fee...

• Yes take the $100 tip and charge clean fee

Votes: 180 70.3%
  • No mess only took 15 minutes to clean

Votes: 76 29.7%

• Total voters

Dug_M

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Option 3: reject the money pax offered and get $150 from pax through pax’s credit card

I had this happen to me and that is what I did. Pax tried to offer me only $50.

What is this “it’s only a small mess” crap? You are cleaning up someone else’s nasty *vomit* and you want to let that slide???
I did not ask and assumed (we all know what that means...) no tip and took the pictures and cleaned the car (I keep all kinds of supplies in the trunk including baking powder/gloves) but when I came home late that night I saw the $100 and had seconds thoughts...

HotUberMess

I did not ask and assumed (we all know what that means...) no tip and took the pictures and cleaned the car (I keep all kinds of supplies in the trunk including baking powder/gloves) but when I came home late that night I saw the $100 and had seconds thoughts...
Oh I read the post wrong as “offered $100 (for cleanup)”

They were real sly on this haha

Dug_M

Oh I read the post wrong as “offered $100 (for cleanup)”

They were real sly on this haha
Did not offer.... I found out when I was going to put in for the fee late last night.... Edit: I did see he felt bad and tried to clean up ... but I did not want that because I was already thinking about pictures... So I said "it's all right I'll take care of it..."

Dug_M

I would ask for $149.12 as I would give credit for the bbq sauce cup and ketchup packets.

But to be clear only if they were sealed, if they were opened already, that would be wierd and disgusting lol
They were opened....

Anyway I just submitted the report with pictures, we'll see what happens, I will post the results...

Lightning1181

They were opened....

Anyway I just submitted the report with pictures, we'll see what happens, I will post the results...
Doug, you are a straight up good-guy. That being said, do not let your moral compass lead you astray. I began reading this thread thinking I would probably be happy with the c-note, but as I read and it started to sink in to my neanderthal brain, hell yeah, put in for the cleaning fee! The bimbo fell asleep so chances are good that she did not make that mess on her own, the azzhat that tipped you had a hand in the making. They also jumped out of your car like their pants were on fire, so they knew damn well what they did. Take the hondo and get your self a nice bottle of Johnny Blue and enjoy it, and take the $150 cleaning fee towards your cleaning and aggravation. You deserve no less. As I say, way to often, we are nothing more than peons to the pox. The charge back will hopefully teach Mr Greenwich Village that we are not door mats for their entertainment.

Dug_M

Good point. Somehow I missed that point. Distracted reading, I suppose.

Yeah, $100 is a tip. Go for $150.
I did and it turned out after cleaning up the baking powder there are still big yellow stain on the seat... I will take a previous poster's suggestion go to the Shrewbury car wash is near me....

Thanks again for all the positive posts from everyone.... 1600+ rides, 3 days a week for 1 year my first real problem...

Dug_M

Just be prepared for that 1*. If it hits, and you decide it's worth fighting, you'll probably win (or should), but if they didn't rate yet, they will give 1*.
I'll keep that in mind but I do think with the new tipping policy if you rate a 5 you get the tip screen and that's locked in... Of course I could be wrong but I never know here so many different opinions including myself...

Lightning1181

I'll keep that in mind but I do think with the new tipping policy if you rate a 5 you get the tip screen and that's locked in... Of course I could be wrong but I never know here so many different opinions including myself...
You are in my generation, so you will appreciate the songs title - “Take the money and run” no truer words were ever spoken, especially in this case. You are $250 to the good, who gives a flying f what the rating for this one ride will be. Plus, you are only 499 rides away from losing this one rating. Puff puff bogart, my friend. Plus keep the bottle of Johnny Blue handy to remind you.

nickd8775

Always take the Verrazano bridge to any borough in NYC coming from the shore. Also go through Staten Island to Hudson county from the shore.

Dug_M

You are in my generation, so you will appreciate the songs title - “Take the money and run” no truer words were ever spoken, especially in this case. You are $250 to the good, who gives a flying f what the rating for this one ride will be. Plus, you are only 499 rides away from losing this one rating. Puff puff bogart, my friend. Plus keep the bottle of Johnny Blue handy to remind you.
Well I did just that...