1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What to do for lower back pain?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Nonya busy, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Nonya busy

Nonya busy Well-Known Member

I have lower back pain from sitting in the car too long. What do i do to relieve it?

2. Julescase

Julescase Well-Known Member

A dilaudid sandwich.

That, or a morphine and frozen yogurt smoothie.

o_O

I have an excellent electric heating pad, it feels amazing to sit with it on my lower back on maximum heat.

3. Classified

Classified Well-Known Member

I gave up my day job because of lower back pain,

I personally find it depends how you sit in the car, most car seats don’t accommodate the curve in your spine, and a lot of people don’t sit properly but slouch, get a lower back support pillow thing, sit up straight, and keep head on headrest, most drivers don’t use the headrest,

heated seats works well, or heated car seat covers or as above julescase said, heaps of drugs,

4. TwoFiddyMile

TwoFiddyMile Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Swim 3 times per week.

5. SEAL Team 5

SEAL Team 5 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Livery
    Take a 16 lb bowling ball at your waist and drop it on your foot. Your foot will hurt so bad that you'll forget all about your back. JK

What really helps me is to use a doorway in my home to stretch out my back. What you do is to walk very very slowly through an open door way in your home and grab on to each side of the door jamb. As you get farther away you'll need to bring your hands higher up the door jamb. Get to a point that your arms are stretched pretty far behind you and alternate sticking your hips out then your chest out. You will do this by walking farther to stick out your hips then walk back a little and stick out your chest. You will feel much better quickly. Start with a big doorway in your home like a bedroom door then work your way down to a smaller pantry or closet door.

Julescase and Nonya busy like this.
  6. LyftNewbie10

LyftNewbie10 Well-Known Member

upload_2018-9-11_18-59-36.jpeg [​IMG]

^Worked wonders for me after a few nights on a thin hospital mattress. Fifteen minute applications every 3-4 hours. No comparison between an ice pack and ibuprofen and/or icy-hot sports crème.

Best wishes.

7. mbd

mbd Active Member

Sleep on the floor
    Don't use ceiling fan and air condition
    Together

8. Warm-n-toasty

Warm-n-toasty New Member

Yoga and if I’m at work I use a doorway but not like mentioned above.. instead I hold the doorway and bend over and use my own weigt to stretch the spine.. my spine seems to crunch down and lock and stretching, yanking all at once in a doorway pulls it out.

If that doesn’t work like today it didn't work,

2 Excedrine and 2 Ibuprofin

9. autofill

autofill Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nonya busy likes this.
  10. UberBeemer

UberBeemer Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberSELECT
  11. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

B45AB040-77EF-429B-A016-8EB255419789.gif

Grahamcracker and HotUberMess like this.
  12. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust Well-Known Member

Advil and stretching exercises.

Nonya busy likes this.
  13. Seamus

Seamus Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    In this post you have back pain and in another your feet are swelling. Perhaps you aren't cut out for the extreme physical demands of driving a car and you should consider a career as a professional sleep study participant! (although you must watch out for bed sores)

14. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

I think there’s another post where he has a hernia

Seamus and MHR like this.
  15. UberBastid

UberBastid Well-Known Member

My doc told me ...
    Two Tylenol Extra Strength (with caffeine) and ONE Advil in the AM
    Two regular Tylenol and ONE Advil at night.

I also add this to the night dose:
    Burn one bowl of an Indica strain marijuana (my favorite is Blue Dream) and sip an ounce of quality bourbon. Blue Dream is a great medicinal genetic, doesn't fuzz up your brain too much but is very relaxing. Allows you to sleep. Bourbon is just plain good for you - health food.

16. SuzeCB

SuzeCB Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Driving is physically taxing if you're doing it for hours on end without taking breaks and stretching and moving around a bit to get the blood moving properly again.

That's why all those cabbies have those beaded seat covers. They don't help the legs, though. My right foot and leg were what would give me trouble first.

17. MHR

MHR Moderator Moderator

Chiropractor visit every 10 days.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  18. Christinebitg

Christinebitg Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    We have a Teeter Hangups at our house. If you're having lower back pain, you will absolutely ADORE it.

They're pricey to get a new one. We got ours at about half price using Craigs List.

Christine

19. Notch Johnson

Notch Johnson Well-Known Member

I have been dealing with lower back pain for over twenty years, a heating pad helps more than anything else I have tried.

On the preventative front you can go on you tube and find some simple workouts to improve core strength, even a ten minute ab workout will help.

MHR likes this.
  20. John Campbell

John Campbell Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Use an Asian massage therapist.you'll forget about the back.

Y0d4 likes this.