• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What To Do After Passenger Stinks Up Your Car?

So, last Friday night around 10 I drove one of the smelliest people I have ever come across in my entire life. Needless to say, after he left my car reeked of a horrible B/O odor. This is the 2nd time this has happened, and after the 1st time I found out the next morning that nearly every passenger I had picked up after with the smell in the car had rated me poorly. (I had even explained to the passengers who rated me poorly the situation with the other smelly passenger and that it wasn't me, and they still rated me bad!) What do you do in this situation? Either you stop working for the night after the smelly passenger, or you take a big rating hit. Also, this is a BAD smell I'm talking about here. Not something you can just Febreeze away.

Kim Chi

I feel and understand you're concern's. This is why I keep my sunroof open all the time. Unless, it rains or it's snowing. Then I close the sunroof. Otherwise, stay's open. For my next car and if I am still driving. You betcha! Sunroof it is.

UberXTampa

Sunroof is what I miss the most in my car. Today I had second smelliest person in about 2000 rides. First rank goes to 2 Indian guys from the USF area! David is second!

Backdash

Get an can of carpet cleaner stuff with deodorizer. Spray it on rub it in and your all set. Or if you have leather seats get a spray bottle of leather cleaner and give the seats a once over. That stuff usually leaves a nice clean smell

UberXTampa

Get an can of carpet cleaner stuff with deodorizer. Spray it on rub it in and your all set. Or if you have leather seats get a spray bottle of leather cleaner and give the seats a once over. That stuff usually leaves a nice clean smell
I do something similar to carpet cleaner stuff. I use hand dishwasher detergent. I dilute with some water. Apply to all surfaces and cloth. I change water and detergent as many times as needed. This reduces the dust and freshens the air as well.

20yearsdriving

Spray this to any fabric , carpet , cloth area . then fully vaccum
Run heater full blast for 20-30 min ( empty car )
Air out all windows down 1-2 hrs
Brand new guaranteed
As a bonus removes stains ( not the best on stains)
image.jpg

krazydrive

But driving with your sunroof open wastes much more gas! Best option for stinky pax is to drive with the Windows open and hit the autozone for some leather cleaning wipes after.

Beur

Old flight attendant trick, coffee packs under the seats.

Or, keep some bounce dryer sheets in the car, when you have the need put one under each seat to clear the air.

Last edited:

UBERxGc

I have been there. Rolled down all windows and turned off the AC. It was february in Australia (that's summer).
I was waiting for the @@@@@@bag to say something about it so i could kick him out, but he knew how bad he smelled i guess.

KGB7

Toss that Ozium bomb in to the car.

Large coffee bags under seats are great as well.

If you have leather seats, then wipe them down every day with none greasy leather cleaner. M3, TurtleWax,
Meguiar's.

I carry few cleaning products, paper towels and microfiber towels in the trunk of my car at all times. If some one leaves a bit of mess, i wipe it down before next pick up.

If you use Fabreeze and you have leather seats, then wipe down the seats with leather cleaner after Fabreeze water spots dry up on the seats.
Drive with windows open to next pick location.

zMann

I use a product called Murphy soap, is great and effective.
Febreeze is another one for foul odors