What the hell is happening to Uber?

WillUbr4Food

Ive been doing this for a couple years now. I don't get what is happening. The cars I see in service and the quality has gone to pot. I drive a Civic and its nothing special but dammit if I try to keep it neat. Had to take a ride myself by UCF the other day and had to cover my nose the car smelled so bad. person looked like they put on their tee-shirt from overnight bender. Wish we could do something about the low life.

Bob Reynolds

Ive been doing this for a couple years now. I don't get what is happening. The cars I see in service and the quality has gone to pot. I drive a Civic and its nothing special but dammit if I try to keep it neat. Had to take a ride myself by UCF the other day and had to cover my nose the car smelled so bad. person looked like they put on their tee-shirt from overnight bender. Wish we could do something about the low life.
The good drivers left. What you have driving now are the 3rd and 4th tier drivers. Many do not speak english.

WillUbr4Food

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I care because the lack of standards is a reason for the over-saturation of drivers in this market.

Lower Standards => More Drivers
More Drivers => Lower Rates Per Mile

JimKE

I care because the lack of standards is a reason for the over-saturation of drivers in this market.

Lower Standards => More Drivers
More Drivers => Lower Rates Per Mile
Lower standards (reducing vehicle requirements from 10 years to 15 years, for example) is not a reason for over-saturation. It is a KEY STRATEGY to achieve over-saturation!

JimKE

so Over saturation is why we have the lowest rates in the country ? Are you sure ?
First of all, I'm not sure Orlando still has the lowest rates...but they are certainly low all over Florida.

Second, I don't think saturation directly affects rates -- except in the sense that Uber and Lyft will continue to lower driver pay as long as there are some drivers who will accept lower rates. Just wait until you get Pool!

Saturation is more a factor for "efficiency," which helps riders get rides quickly and makes pickups reasonably quick.

Shine'ola

so Over saturation is why we have the lowest rates in the country ? Are you sure ?
positive of that, and on the flip Orlando has one of the highest Booking fee (100% Uber's money on every ride) so if drivers will drive for 36 cents (Lyft's rentals) I wouldn't be surprised to see Uber lowering to that, it's the limbo, how low can ya go
Post automatically merged:

Last edited: