What the hell is 1.5 rides an hour.

Dynomyte

1.5 trips per hour X 8.5 hours equals 12.75 trips
Basically you need 13 trips in 8.5 hours to qualify. Which is very difficult to get because their will be way too many drivers in that one area

Dynomyte

Hello, I'm assuming that Uber needs drivers since they are bringing back the fare guarantees for this weekend when there really isn't a lot going on in the city. However, just be careful and really think about what the parameters are for you to accomplish the guarantee. I'm not saying it can't be done, however it is very difficult to get sometimes with too many drivers on the road in the alloted areas to get the garauntee. Keep in mind that you have to Start most of your trips in buckhead, downtown or midtown so of course Uber will send you trips that will take you out of these areas. Then you will have to log off and drive back to those areas to qualify for the next trip. Uber knows that most won't qualify to get the guarantee. Remember the trips go to the closest driver so if you have 200 drivers downtown what's the chances of you getting 13 trips in 8 hours and you have to average 1.5 trips per hour.

PTCGUY

Hello, I'm assuming that Uber needs drivers since they are bringing back the fare guarantees for this weekend when there really isn't a lot going on in the city. However, just be careful and really think about what the parameters are for you to accomplish the guarantee. I'm not saying it can't be done, however it is very difficult to get sometimes with too many drivers on the road in the alloted areas to get the garauntee. Keep in mind that you have to Start most of your trips in buckhead, downtown or midtown so of course Uber will send you trips that will take you out of these areas. Then you will have to log off and drive back to those areas to qualify for the next trip. Uber knows that most won't qualify to get the guarantee. Remember the trips go to the closest driver so if you have 200 drivers downtown what's the chances of you getting 13 trips in 8 hours and you have to average 1.5 trips per hour.
Piece of cake. i am sitting in my living room collecting money. I have been here since 12:30. Got 5 nonaccepts to go.

PTCGUY

Its intentionally unclear with lots of conditions. If you understand it too well you might make more than minimum wage which uber is against.
I win every time with guarantees. I was out til 12:30 last night and got the guarantee for the whole 12 hours. I made $102 so Uber has to come off the hip for $150 smackeroos. Drove 127 miles and burned just over 1/4 tank of gas. I love guarantees!

Last edited:

jtc291980

I win every time with guarantees. I was out til 12:30 last night and got the guarantee for the whole 12 hours. I made $102 so Uber has to come off the hip for $150 smackeroos. Drove 127 miles and burned just over 1/4 tank of gas. I love guarantees![/QUO

Damn... good work. Do they offer you the guarantee the next couple of days after you do that? I'm surprised they keep offering you the guarantee if you're making them pay $150 extra.

The 1.5 trips per hour is strange. But, it's just a total barometer. So, if you work from 4 pm - 3 am tonight: that's 11 hours. 11 X 1.5 is 16.5. So you'd need to take 17 rides to get the guarantee for 11 hours.

capable

I win every time with guarantees. I was out til 12:30 last night and got the guarantee for the whole 12 hours. I made $102 so Uber has to come off the hip for $150 smackeroos. Drove 127 miles and burned just over 1/4 tank of gas. I love guarantees!
Would be interesting to know what kind of car u drive .

steveK2016

So is it 1.5 for all hours? I noticed in the email at the bottom, it explains you have to catch a min of X rides within certain time blocks. Is that the requirement or is it exactly 1.5 per hour regardless of time block?