• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What takes Uber so long to follow Lyft cut

wilsonz83

So Lyft has successfully proven that drivers will drive for any money, even 40 cents/mile, take a guess when Uber will follow up with this? My guess is maybe around ACL.

Noonespecial

Uber has actually never followed lyft on anything. Before now, uber was always first mover. I would expect some different kind of chicanery from uber next.

wilsonz83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Uber has actually never followed lyft on anything. Before now, uber was always first mover. I would expect some different kind of chicanery from uber next.
Yeap Uber has always lead the pay cut so I seriously thinking they may have something worse that Lyft coming.

AustinAggie

I think with all the turmoil Uber has gone through lately they won't follow this rate cut.
Further, Uber is probably watching the backlash and waiting for their share to increase.

You say drivers have shown willingness to drive for Lyft's new rates.
I know a bunch of drivers have not turned on Lyft since the latest cut.

Austin383

I got a survey from Lyft a couple days ago. It was all about the rate cut, not sure they will change it back but it wouldn’t shock me if they did.

wilsonz83

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think with all the turmoil Uber has gone through lately they won't follow this rate cut.
Further, Uber is probably watching the backlash and waiting for their share to increase.

You say drivers have shown willingness to drive for Lyft's new rates.
I know a bunch of drivers have not turned on Lyft since the latest cut.
Well turn on the Lyft passenger app you will see how many cars are still around you. With the rate cut most pax still get pick up within 3 minutes.
Post automatically merged:

I got a survey from Lyft a couple days ago. It was all about the rate cut, not sure they will change it back but it wouldn’t shock me if they did.
Hopefully but rate raise never happened in the history of ride share tho.

deplorable1

Don’t let Lyft app fool you..a lot of those cars are ghosts (decoys for some reason) .. I’m one of those full timers who switched off Lyft the day of the cuts. Out of curiosity, I ordered a Lyft just to see how long it would be.. The app looked and searched for Driver for me but couldn’t find one after four minutes, even though it showed cars not too far from me. I canceled the request before a scab could pick it up. I also think that the remaining Lyft drivers out there are probably searching for something else they just don’t have the luxury of jumping ship just yet. It feels pretty nice knowing that most drivers are putting on a united front saying no. There is enough business between Uber and RA to keep the bills paid.