1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What stresses you the most driving pax

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Rakos, Oct 31, 2018.

?
  1. 1

25.5%
  2. 2

28.6%
  3. 3

19.4%
  4. 4

6.1%
  5. 5

2.0%
  6. Off the friggin chart!!!

18.4%
  1. Rakos

Rakos

Driving:
    UberXL
    OK everyone...

I know those cortisol levels get amped...

Butt... curious what really AMPS you???

Other Uber drivers...?

Snowflake pax...?

Nothing...I'm cool as a cucumber...!

Demanding pax...come on...!

This is your chance...!!!

What REALY gets your goat...8>)

What IS your pet peeve...??????

Rakos
    Copy of tenor-6.gif
    PS. Mine is backseat drivers...AGGHHH

JohnnyRotten69, Pusher, Z129 and 10 others like this.
  2. 1.5xorbust

1.5xorbust

Pax wanting to load their luggage into the trunk by themselves. I prefer to load in order to avoid dings and scratches. It’s not a problem with women but occasionally I have the macho dude who is insistent about handling his own luggage.

3. Ribak

Ribak

Pets cause me the most stress. I have devised ways to deal with it and pass the stress back to the pets and pax......mainly the pets.

4. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Four fat-bodies crowding into your X, then complaining how cramped it is.
    “Ya think?!? No **** it’s cramped, fatso! Go on a diet, and order an XL next time.”

5. Wooda

Wooda

Intrusive questions.

Touching the radio dial.

Touching me.

Telling me to pick them up or drop them off somewhere illegal.

Road Sodas

Forgetting the road soda in the back cup holder.

Quest09, Booberx, stpetej and 16 others like this.
  6. Bald tires.
    I worry about my rider's safety.

7. AzAppDriver

AzAppDriver

Driving:
    UberXL
    Pax trying to stuff 7-8 pax into my 6 available seats.

Quest09, Booberx, teh744 and 2 others like this.
  8. MHR

MHR Moderator

I don’t stress on everyday pax.

The only pax that do stress me out are professional truck drivers (I get a lot of them for some reason) and I drove a big name musician’s tour bus driver, that stressed me out as he said he puts in about 200k miles on the road a year.

9. I get a lot of professional truckers as well. They are usually good tippers and friendly, (with a few exceptions).

What stresses you out about them?

Grunge, KenLV, Lissetti and 3 others like this.
  10. Uber's Guber

Uber's Guber

Driving:
    UberX
    Professional full time truck drivers living in their truck and doing long-haul can achieve on average a million miles in about 10 years time, so that’s about 100,000 miles a year. (I’ve seen some truck drivers net a million miles in 8 years, but it’s not a usual feat.) The tour bus driver claiming 200k a year is probably exaggerating, though it’s possible as long as he drove about 550miles per day for each day of the year with no days off. That’s a lot of musical gigs.
    I pick up plenty truckers as well. Many are women now. They park their big rigs at the truck stops when doing resets, and use the Uber app to get to a finer restaurant or shopping district in town that doesn’t allow for truck parking.

11. People who pull out their phones and tell me to use Waze and then telling me I chose the wrong Highway because Waze said it would be 2 minutes faster.

I hate it when PAX lets loose a nasty fart. It’s always an SBD.

Antman69, Booberx, d'Uber and 7 others like this.
  12. MHR

MHR Moderator

Mostly that they are true, professional drivers.

As pax they are great and as you stated generally nice tippers. I’m just hyper aware that they do this for a living. So I feel like I’m under a microscope. But they’ve never complained or given me a low rating so it’s all in my head. o_O

MadTownUberD, KenLV, Jay Dean and 4 others like this.
  13. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    There are some rides I like less than others... either because of the passenger, or the traffic or because I don't really like the destination. But I rarely get stressed.

14. Seamus

Seamus

Driving:
    UberX
    Normally not too stressed, although I always worry a little about someone hitting me while Ubering.

One thing that does stress me is when 2-4 male pax are pretty drunk and I don't know what to expect from them.

stpetej, i_k, sheridens and 7 others like this.
  15. Coachman

Coachman

Driving:
    UberX
    This. With as much time spent on the road our chance of being involved in an accident goes up exponentially.

16. Time wasters are my pet peeve.

If it takes me 3 or 4 minutes to arrive, they should be ready and waiting.

And no, I don't want to go to the grocery store so you can run in "real quick".

17. Like a fender bender or being sucker punched?

Judy2017, Uber's Guber, MHR and 2 others like this.
  18. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I think it's back seat drivers for me too.

monkey.jpg

Add to that, pax who use the pin drop in busy shopping areas, instead of entering the name of the store manually.

stpetej, i_k, Jagger51 and 6 others like this.
  19. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    I Second the Time Wasters....

If you know I am 8 minutes away and can see me on the app, you should be toes on the curb. I used to deduct one star for making me wait 4 minutes...now its 3 minutes and I start rolling away at 4 minutes.

20. Uber Crack

Uber Crack Author

Driving:
    UberX
    The only thing that used to stress me are business type execs (male or female). If THEY'RE stressed they bring a stressed vibe into my car. That's the main reason I gave up driving days.

What stresses me these nights are hospital rides or very sick pax. I don't like being in such a small space with God knows what germs.

The only peeve I have is when people touch my windows. I used to hate it when they left trash but now I call them out on it. As they leave I have my light on and I check the back area. If there's garbage I tell them, "I think you may have forgotten something." :)

Booberx, i_k, Lana FTW and 7 others like this.