What percentage pings are UberSUV?

Takoateli

I'd like to know what percentage of pings people are seeing for SUV?

I figure my choices are get a very efficient UberX car (Prius), or get a minivan for UberX and UberXL (lower gas mileage) or get an SUV (even lower gas mileage yet) to I can do UberX, UberXL and UberSUV.

I like the ability do X and XL so I have the freedom to do to X and do some amount of or only XL.

Is it worth the expense of an SUV to be able to do UberSUV?

Thanks!

DerBundes

1-). Is it worth the expense of an SUV to be able to do UberSUV?
2-). Thanks!
1-). Really?! Not even in NYC, is worth the expense. Think of this
- will UBER subsidize my expenses, such as toll, gas, commercial insurance and maintenance?
- will UBER charge me 2% instead of way over 1/3 of the wages I generate?
Do your own math... Uber’s cut+taxes+out of pocket expenses, you’d have better luck working at a warehouse thru a temp agency. Besides, rideshare has slashed rates so low, that people will go with whatever’s cheaper. Trust me, you’ll get plenty of pings in places like Hoboken driving about 20 drunk millenials, and be ready to fight if you refuse more than 4 of them.

2-). You’re welcome.

Uber SUV? That's commercial grade; nobody will select the high priced spread of there's an XL option available. My MDX qualifies for LuxSUV and I've received maybe 3 requests vs 300+ LyftPlus rides. Black & SUV appear to be dead in this market.
Stick to the lower priced spread.

DerBundes

Uber SUV? That's commercial grade; nobody will select the high priced spread of there's an XL option available. My MDX qualifies for LuxSUV and I've received maybe 3 requests vs 300+ LyftPlus rides. Black & SUV appear to be dead in this market.
Stick to the lower priced spread.
I haven’t heard of anyone doing UBER SUV in The City, especially after that pilot program in which “YOU HAD TO TAKE RIDES FROM EVERY LEVEL, FROM X TO POOL TO BLACK, BEFORE PLACED PERMANENT ON THE SUV-only CLASS.” Of course, it applied to new drivers and it quickly bombed! It was a way to “enhance the rider’s experience.”
I still remember that “Seriously-Like Totally” chick in Hoboken asking me if I was her UBER...
51CD6161-EFF6-49D5-8A03-A1ED1338EA73.jpeg

PorkRollUberAndCheese

You can't do SUV unless you have OL plates in Jersey. Unless you're starting a limo company, very difficult to get OL plates. You can go SUV if you become a TLC driver, but I don't recommend it for someone starting out.

If you're going to do this, spend 5-10K on a minivan. keep it clean, keep it safe, and that's all that matters.

Takoateli

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everyone! This forum and especially you guys are such a great resource which is greatly needed given Uber's lack of clarity. I would assume that it's in Uber's best interest to give it's drivers and prospective drivers detailed and complete information about their business. Instead it seems like people have find things out by experience or the experience of others.

Caspita

Thanks everyone! This forum and especially you guys are such a great resource which is greatly needed given Uber's lack of clarity. I would assume that it's in Uber's best interest to give it's drivers and prospective drivers detailed and complete information about their business. Instead it seems like people have find things out by experience or the experience of others.
It’s always like that with those TNC companies. They keep you in the dark most of the time since their only interest is to keep you making as many trips as possible in the best car for the lowest fares to anywhere paxes want to go in any conditions.. and I could go on and on this.

You also need to check on Lyft, they are more ralaxed in that sence. You don’t need TLC or OL plates for high end services but need the qualified car and that doesn’t mean you are not going to weak up one morning and find out an email announcing lower rates or new requirements out of the blue. you would think they’d give fare warning and time to adjust and find out what to do next before you’re left holding the bag... yeah right lol

DerBundes

You mean well, but unfortunately at these current rates, the first casualty will be your credit.