• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What percentage of the fare does Uber really take?

sellkatsell44

They'd fold up and move onto another idea without incurring the costs that the drivers unfortunately took on so...

:frown:

autofill

Pax think the fare is the total amount they pay for a ride. Uber has Drivers think a fare is the amount without booking fee. So drivers never think they losing 50-60% of pax fare.

Most pax thinks drivers are making $5.50 minus 20% is $4.40 on a minimum fare but it's not correct because the booking fee $1.85 is included in the minimum fare of $5.50. So drivers only make $2.74 instead of $4.40 like what the pax think.

Open the pax app and you see the minimum fare which includes in booking fee.

The word "fare" by definition to the pax and drivers are different so drivers are stupid to tell uber only take 20% of fare but in reality it's over 50%.

tohunt4me

Pax think the fare is the total amount they pay for a ride. Uber has Drivers think a fare is the amount without booking fee. So drivers never think they losing 50-60% of pax fare.

Most pax thinks drivers are making $5.50 minus 20% is $4.40 on a minimum fare but it's not correct because the booking fee $1.85 is included in the minimum fare of $5.50. So drivers only make $2.74 instead of $4.40 like what the pax think.

The word "fare" by definition to the pax and drivers are different so drivers are stupid to tell uber only take 20% of fare but in reality it's over 50%.
THEN THEY MUST TAKE 75% ON POOL !

Bill Collector

Pimp gotta make money off somehow... But I agree they do try to squeeze blood out of turnips! Real pimps probably are not as greedy.

Last edited:

hbenaid404

Über's commission is only 20% if you joined as a driver before third quarter of 2015 (Sept), then newer drivers have 25% cut from their base pay.

Uber SUCKS for drivers!

Right, "make $20/hr (in fares)" sounds pretty good, UNTILL it turns out to actually be $7 minus all (mostly deferred) expenses actually = a net LOSS after figuring in dead miles! Funny how the "make $600 driving your car this weekend" ads have never changed, even when Detroit went to 30cents! LOL Read my signature for the TRUTH! (Yes, deferred expenses are waaay more than just gas, for all the newbie dummies!)

I_Like_Spam

In the last 2 weeks, the percentage that Uber keeps from fares is between 33% for larger fares and up to 49% for smaller fares. Who the hell do they think they are?

I would like to see how well they do without their drivers.
They would take more if they could, its whatever the market will bear, and with Uber's aggressive marketing campaign for drivers, the amount which is left is enough to entice a sufficient number of people with their own cars to drive.

In Pittsburgh, the mileage rate is $1.05 a mile, leaving 79 cents for the driver. Apparently a lot of people are fine with that.

GILD

uber takes 35 to 55% of fare that pax pays. On uber pool, It is 90% of second ride. Never drive POOL Garbage. You make next to nothing.

Leftright?

They took 100% chance of getting tipped (assuming pax dont carry cash)

That's enough for me to NOT drive that brand....

FAC

Beside the booking fee , 20% Taken out.
That's for drivers who started before Nov 2015. They take 25% in my market and heard in some markets they take 30%. If a seasoned driver is deactivated and reactivated they are now on the higher commission scale.

Leftright?

Anyone who is deactivated and is stupid enough to sign up for more ab-U-se deserves to have the newer rates taken out