1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What percentage of jobs are XL requests?

Discussion in 'Manchester, UK' started by Mike Hunt, Jul 5, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

Hi. I want to start driving for uber and I will be buying my vehicle in the next couple of weeks. I don't know wether to go for a Dacia Logan (uber x) or abused 7 seater like a Galaxy (uber xl). How much more can I potentially earn on xl? Thanks

2. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

I have just reread my post and "abused" is an auto correct typo LOL should gave been used. But considering I was going to get a 100k ex Addison Lee Galaxy "abused" is probs more appropriate. Looks like I will be getting a Logan then, it looks like the perfect low cost solution.

Would it be a good idea to pay the £850 for 100k miles warranty or keep the £850 in the bank?

3. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

No I haven't checked yet. I will ask today when I go to the dealership.

4. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

I need flexibility and driving will suit me. I want to buy a Logan anyway so its just a case of the uber fee and pco registration plus the insurance so its not such a gamble. For me I'm sure the positives outweigh the negatives, most jobs have bad points.

5. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

I'm kind of in between Manchester and Preston, I think I will possibly be mostly around Manchester.

You're right about the warranty not covering taxis.

6. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

Ive not applied yet. I believe its is best for me to apply for my licence with either Knowsley council or Rossendale council, is this correct?

7. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

That's useful info thanks. Should I get my licence before contacting uber?

8. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt

Thanks I will check it out

9. Tom Harding

Tom Harding

Driving:
    UberX
    I drive in Chicago, ILL. as Uber X and XL. XL trips, XL is 21% of my income and 12% of the trips.

10. bob swagger

bob swagger

With a bit of luck Uber will lose there license with TFL and the whole Uber empire will come crashing down. Mate wait for the appeal first. I hate Uber and want to see the end of this toxic company but if your hell bent on becoming a slave ,hang on for a while.