• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

What percentage of drivers spit in or partially eat no tip orders?

Sal29

I would never do this myself, but it does bring me some joy when I think about what's in these no tip customers food some of which I can't even think of without almost throwing up.

Spider-Man

I would never do this myself, but it does bring me some joy when I think about what's in these no tip customers food some of which I can't even think of without almost throwing up.
Tip or None you never tamper with someones food, you wouldnt ever want it done unto you. The correct way of dealing with a Non tipper is to leave something out. a drink, Condiments, etc. but never give them an item thats been messed with is completely wrong.

Sal29

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How does anyone know there will be no tip until the food has been delivered?
I don't know about other apps but on one specific app it tells the driver if there's a tip or not as soon as the offer is accepted.
If it says 0 tip, there's better than a 99% chance that there will be no cash tip either.
There are also repeat non tip customers so in that case the driver will be 100% sure that there is no cash tip either.

O-Side Uber

It’s cool that there are these food delivery gig apps drivers can do.. but let’s be honest here....NO ONE should be eating that garbage for any reason. You’re delivering poison ☠ That should give you enough satisfaction after not being tipped. You just took a few days off their life.

Tampa Bay Hauler

I don't know about other apps but on one specific app it tells the driver if there's a tip or not as soon as the offer is accepted.
If it says 0 tip, there's better than a 99% chance that there will be no cash tip either.
There are also repeat non tip customers so in that case the driver will be 100% sure that there is no cash tip either.
I understand the repeat customer part. The rest of that is BS. Some customers tip at time of purchase in advance. Some give cash. some tip on their card after delivery. Doesn't matter though, never mess with anyone's food. PERIOD!!!! EVER!!!!!

Sal29

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I understand the repeat customer part. The rest of that is BS. Some customers tip at time of purchase in advance. Some give cash. some tip on their card after delivery. Doesn't matter though, never mess with anyone's food. PERIOD!!!! EVER!!!!!
It's not even possible to tip after the driver has delivered the food, marked as delivered and left on many apps. Over 99% of people who don't tip in the app don't tip cash.
I always warn cash tippers to tip in the app insteadso they'll get their food faster.

steve64d

As a fairly regular UberEats customer I can tell you that you most certainly CAN tip after delivery.
It's part the rating screens. It offers buttons for pre-set amounts as well as a "custom amount" type button.

I never tip when I'm placing the order ... how do I know the service will be tip worthy until the service is complete ??

The only time I didn't tip was when my delivery car sped past me while I was standing curbside waving my phone. About 4 houese down she slammed on her brakes and came back. A guy got out of the passenger side and delivered the box to me, no bag or utensils as this restaurant always does. She spun her wheels when leaving.

Invisible

It's not even possible to tip after the driver has delivered the food, marked as delivered and left on many apps. Over 99% of people who don't tip in the app don't tip cash.
I always warn cash tippers to tip in the app insteadso they'll get their food faster.
That’s only true for DD and GH, not UE. I did get a lot of cash tips when I delivered, especially on cold and/or snowy days. The polar vortex days were amazing for cash tips! But we were at a minimum of -25 degrees for the wk, and one day was -45 degrees. People were just thankful someone delivered.