what???? more per mile?

suicidesqueezin

is this for reals? how much more?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170928-121831.png
    Screenshot_20170928-121831.png
    87.8 KB · Views: 219

hulksmash

Other markets were keeping the extra .04c even if they didn't sign up for the insurance. With this our new mileage rate will be .7125, with .0375 going to the insurance. Want I want to know is if surge applies to the whole amount or just the original rate of .675

hulksmash

I'm still looking for confirmation of the rate increase. I remember reading threads on here from out of state drivers from when they were offered it. I'm too lazy to look for them right now. The premium is supposed to be offset by a rate increase. Haven't found information on how surge applies to it. I just enrolled . I'll find out the next time I take a trip to confirm.

SorryBluetoothOnly

I don't think it's confusing. It's written in plain English. As OP pointed out, it's just missing details around what the associated rate increase is.

Bpr2

yeah, but it says "you will earn a bit more per mile". is this extra earnings only if you sign up? confusing post by fuber
You earn a bit more per mile which is then taken by the insurance. Would be easier for uber just to say "the extra will be given to insurance co so this is not a paycut"

Dj Khaled

You earn a bit more per mile which is then taken by the insurance. Would be easier for uber just to say "the extra will be given to insurance co so this is not a paycut"
I don't think so. They will deduct 0.04 per mile to cover insurance if we chose to sign up.

RogerJS

My rate went up today just over 4 cents ....
I’m not holding my breath I think it’s a screw up related to the “slight” offset if we signed up for the new insurance
IF UBER increased the drivers take I guarantee they would be telling us how generous they are

hulksmash

It's a raise to offset the insurance payment. If you drive base rate the raise all goes to the premium. If you drive boost or surge the surged amount SHOULD be an actual raise in pay plus the premium, unless the premium also goes up with surge. Has anyone tested it out yet?

Sluber

Has anybody signed up for this Insurance and checked your trip detail...maybe someone can post a SS