What kind of car to buy?

HonoluluDriver

Aloha!

Just recently started driving for Uber and I had a great week so far.

I'm about to buy a new car but I wanted to make sure it will qualify for Uber in Honolulu.

Does anyone know if an Audi A3 (hatchback) or a BMW 328 (station wagon) would qualify?

Thanks in advance!

gofry

DO NOT buy a new car. You are not going to make very much driving for Uber and you don't want to be stuck with a big loan. As Mr.Jay suggested, buy an old used car and get one that gets good mileage like a Prius or Honda Fit.

Better yet, hold off on buying anything until you've driven for a month or so and can prove that you'll make money after Uber fees, gas and 15% self-employment tax.

Digits

Audi and bimmer would qualify for select if that's what you're looking to drive, confirm on Uber website about the year that qualifies for select ( each model has different year eligibility) so, be sure to get something that would atleast be accepted for the next few years. For UberX, anything with 4 wheels, 4 doors and a couch inside.

Saltyoldman

Aloha!

Just recently started driving for Uber and I had a great week so far.

I'm about to buy a new car but I wanted to make sure it will qualify for Uber in Honolulu.

Does anyone know if an Audi A3 (hatchback) or a BMW 328 (station wagon) would qualify?

Thanks in advance!
Don’t buy anything you don’t mind watching get driven into the ground in 12 mos. Aloha

Stav53

Correct, you’ll be driving thousands of miles and the cars suffer a lot. Nissan have good mileage and reasonable maintenance. I personally use my own golf, but mileage is around 26-27 mpg and parts are expensive. Just replaces a/c for $1200! Ouch