1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What kind of car do you have?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Seinfeld, Apr 11, 2014.

1. joe flood

joe flood Active Member

2005 Dodge Caravan !

Permai Lindal likes this.
  2. PHXTE

PHXTE Well-Known Member

Cut the guy some slack. You'd be bitter if Uber came and started doing your $10/hr menial job better than you can do it too.

I'm by no means an Uber cheerleader, but I won't be sad to see people like Toby panhandling on the street after Uber/Lyft/Sidecar and whoever else hands their entire corrupt little industry their asses. Time and time again, I get passengers that tell me they'd rather take an Uber than deal with scummy, scammy taxi cab drivers that just got out of prison. If the taxi cab industry hadn't been screwing everyone in sight to begin with, Uber and its ilk wouldn't be nearly successful as they have been.

Permai Lindal likes this.
  3. Permai Lindal

Permai Lindal Member

Driving:
    UberX
  4. topeastcoast

topeastcoast New Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Audi A3 tdi premium plus 2015

5. HollyD

HollyD Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have a silver 2015 Honda Fit EX that gets 41 hwy, 36 combined and 32-33 city.

6. mushkel

mushkel New Member

Hi. I just signed up here and have a quick question. I am pretty new to Uber, completed about 700 trips. I have an 08 Nissan Altima with 58000 on it, SL package, leather, etc., it is paid off. I am not reslly happy with MPG I am getting (around 20-25) and thinking of getting a good used prius. I am looking at one, it is 2013 Prius 5, with 18000 on it for $20000. Thinking about trading in mine and getting prius.
    Any thoughts?
    Any feedback would be much appreciated.
    Thanks

7. Brandy Castillo

Brandy Castillo New Member

Driving:
    UberSUV
    I drive a 2002 Lincoln Navigator but I'm considering buying a Yukon Denali

8. Jose_A

Jose_A Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    2009 Toyota Sienna with all the bells and whistles of a luxury car.

9. KMS-1

KMS-1 New Member

Driving:
    UberX
    2013 Hyundai Elantra, 104k miles (my day job has me driving a ton, so I figured a few Uber miles won't hurt it), looks terrific. I use a Febreze vent plug in - Linen & Sky is the scent. You wouldn't believe how many people mention how nice my car smells, I get tons of compliments about it.

Brandy Castillo and HollyD like this.
  10. dutch369

dutch369 Active Member

1951 sweet woodie SUV 8-10 mpg seats 7 and and 4 long boards.
    image.jpg

Brandy Castillo likes this.
  11. PHXTE

PHXTE Well-Known Member

So you want to take on a $200+/month payment in order to save a few bucks every month on gas? Not to mention the increased depreciation that newer Prius is going to suffer as opposed to your paid off Altima?

That's a horrendous idea, don't do it. Keep your low mileage, paid off car. You're never going to recover the difference in gas vs what this will cost you.

12. mushkel

mushkel New Member

Thank you. You are right. I literally sat down with a piece of paper and did some simple math. It did help.

iMakeTheMaps and HollyD like this.
  13. iMakeTheMaps

iMakeTheMaps Active Member

2008 Toyota Sienna - Silver - 77k miles.

Hoping to get more UberXL rides than I do LyftPLUS.

14. HollyD

HollyD Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Funny was just thinking about Tesla before I read ur post.

15. HollyD

HollyD Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Love my Fit too and agree with you.

16. ARIV005

ARIV005 Well-Known Member

NEVER EVER EVER EEEEEEEVVVVVVEEERRRRRRR..... buy a car JUST for Uber. Make sure your Altima is properly maintained, change the air filter, make sure tires are properly inflated, get rid of any junk in the trunk, don't ride with the windows open on the highway and try not to drive around looking for rides.

17. ARIV005

At 150k miles, I think Uber tells ha to get another ride.... Not sure if that's the same in your market. Don't ask Uber, just stay quiet or else they'll deactivate you for asking a question.

18. ARIV005

Get the Yukon SLT.... Better on gas and has all the toys the Denali has.

Brandy Castillo likes this.
  19. rcinatl

rcinatl Member

Anybody have any more info about whether any mileage cap exists for Uber vehicles. I am thinking of driving XL in ATL. Thanks.

20. Asad Rizwan

Asad Rizwan Member

You'll certainly get XL rides (and it's awesome when you do), but you will still get a handful of X rides.

I'm saying this with a 2011 Toyota Sienna.