1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

What kind of car do you have?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by Seinfeld, Apr 11, 2014.

1. iDriveNashville

iDriveNashville Active Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    Huh, I'm at 82k now, no issues. I've noticed that it goes through cheap brake pads pretty quick, but nothing other than that. Thanks for the heads up though, I'll keep an eye out.

2. FunemployedDriver

FunemployedDriver Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I love my second generation Lexus IS.

But I wish there was an Über option to allow coupes.

3. 007MONEY

007MONEY New Member

You drive for uber with that car or lyft

4. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Gotta love goober... They finally forced me to bring my Golf in for an "inspection"... It's a 05 and in this market it MUST have less than 150K on it. I had hoped I could talk the tech into fudging the numbers on the miles but nope.. anyways it passed, they even said "it's the best kept uber car we have seen!".. Never mind the 314K on the clock. deactivated and then bombed with info on how to lease a car (KMA) with in days...

Lyft didn't seem to care, neither did several on demand/call courier companies locally. so I'll stay busy without the goober surges.

5. JamesN

JamesN New Member

Don't drive officially yet but plan on it so...

2015 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ

And I know a bunch of you are going to criticize it for being small, but it has four doors and has been enough room for 3 in the back in the past so here goes.

6. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    LTZ trim on the tiniest most basic car in the lineup?

Were you trying to pay double for the least car you could possibly get????

It probably cost you more than a decent Select/XL Escalade or a uselessly flashy but oh-so-cool Select-only Maserati Quattroporte, amirite????

7. JamesN

JamesN New Member

Well at the time I was downgrading from a big bad truck that I shouldn't have bought to I could bring my payment down. I knew I wanted leather, good gas mileage, and I enjoy the backup camera so when I stumbled upon the car used at 12K miles for around 13K I thought I was getting a good deal. But yes I believe they were MSRPed at around 23k at the time...Still not horrible. I can't afford an escalade!

8. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Sure you can.

Though 13k might be pushing it close....okay, fine, Navigator L then. Unless you a Craigslist wizard like me.

From a business standpoint, Navigator L = Escalade ESV = Suburban LTZ = Yukon Denali XL (for UberSUV, TCP only)

....and when you drop down to select/xl years, Escalade = Navigator = Suburban = Yukon and MAY = Expedition and sometimes Explorer in leather trims

9. merkurfan

merkurfan Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    They were offering 72 months 0% on the sonic and spark... Not that a car would last that long ubering, but that's around 100 a month.

10. Tars Tarkas

Tars Tarkas New Member

2009 Chevy Malibu, 150K miles, a bit of a rattle-trap now, perfectly serviceable. Most trouble-free car I've ever owned, and no complaints.

11. Bronco

Bronco New Member

2008 Acura TSX. 116,000 miles. Seems kinda small in the back but probably no smaller than other compacts. Just trying to make $400/month while my wife is in school.

12. Titanium Uber

Titanium Uber Member

Driving:
    UberX
    It's a great car. When the wife is driving our 16 Focus Titanium I use our 13 Sonic LTZ. PAX are surprised at heated seats in the winter. 20170310_154237.jpg

13. limepro

limepro Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    The radiator doesn't leak, the little plastic connector for coolant to get to the rear for heat leaks, there is a better replacement.

The best brakes you can buy are a must, they last much, much longer. Already at 50k on the brakes and minimal wear, I do my own brake changes.

Dodge transmissions in general are not the best, I joke around about it with a few buddies but in reality they fail maybe a little more than others, it's just they let go before the engine in most cases.

My T&C has been great for the last 100k miles except when the plastic heat exchanger let go at around 60k miles, have gone another 40k miles worry free. Have been thinking of upgrading to the Pacifica but just bought a new SHO so it will have to wait.

14. JerryUK

JerryUK New Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    2014 Prius great car.

15. tryingforthat5star

tryingforthat5star Member

Replaced the 2016 Jetta 1.4 Turbo with a Dodge Dart SXT 2.0. No more premium fuel requirement which should cut down on that profit loss let's just keep the fingers crossed on reliability.

16. Iceagetlc

Iceagetlc Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Audi Q5. (Select obviously)

20-27mpg (during the hours I drive, anyways)

Motor was partially rebuilt under warranty at 60,000 miles, so now all I worry about is brakes and oil changes. Such a great all around car. I want another one.

I could probably get away with a much cheaper Select car but driving 8 hours a week isn't really enough to change the type of car I drive just for better Uber profit.

17. Londonman

Londonman New Member

I drive a Honda Pilot it qualifies for XL and Select.

18. j3r3my

j3r3my New Member

Audi a6 (big engine, 15-18 mpg)

19. tdi_guy

tdi_guy New Member

b1e1ac46-0177-4d41-9400-2e299ef363f9image.jpg
    Been trying to get the docs for my wagen uploaded for a week now, drove my wife's Acadia meanwhile. 2012 Jetta Sportwagen TDI, 81,000 miles. 30 mpg city, 40 hwy.

20. Jimmy Bernat

Jimmy Bernat Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Tune that thing and get 55mpg

Adieu and tdi_guy like this.