What is your strategy for dealing with CoVid-19 while driving?

What is your current strategy for dealing with CoViD-19 while driving?

• Using procedural mask (surgery mask) at all times while driving

• Using procedural mask (surgery mask) when warranted

• Wearing eye protection

• Wearing full hazmat suit

• Being selective regarding pickup locations

• Disinfecting regularly with Lysol

• Disinfecting regularly with Lysol Brand II

• Windows partly down

Results are only viewable after voting.

IDriveGNV

Here's a poll to give us an idea whether our fellow drivers are prepared for what may come.

My personal strategy is to get into place my safety protocols long before a local case is confirmed.

How are you dealing with it? I ran out of choices in the poll to include "quit driving," so if that's your choice just put it in the comments.

Be safe out there.

IDriveGNV

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Scientists Discover Coronavirus Has An Incubation Period Of Up To 24 Days And Can Survive For 9 Days On A Smooth Surface

mbd

Here's a poll to give us an idea whether our fellow drivers are prepared for what may come.

My personal strategy is to get into place my safety protocols long before a local case is confirmed.

How are you dealing with it? I ran out of choices in the poll to include "quit driving," so if that's your choice just put it in the comments.

Be safe out there.
I would go start by changing COVID-19 to full form Coronavirus-19, to show respect ☹

losiglow

I put "windows down" but I don't really even do that. I make a habit of switching on outside air and pointing a vent toward my face. That's about it.

Also, I'm probably throwing caution to the wind, but symptoms of covid-19 in healthy individuals aren't much different than the regular cold virus or other strands of coronavirus. Headache, runny nose, cough, etc. So how do you tell if someone just has a cold or covid-19?

IDriveGNV

You can't tell. We have to assume anyone showing cold or flu symptoms has something to share with you. It could be CoVid-19, or any of the other coronaviruses (common cold included in that.) One of the dangers is that this new virus can be easily dismissed as something more common and less harmful. It hides behind the same symptoms of the common cold, hence it will spread faster.
Post automatically merged:

No change in strategy since I choose not to buy into excessive paranoia.
Then I guess the US Military is buying into that excessive paranoia.

As always, just be aware of people around you coughing and sneezing.
So someone sneezes hard in your car, and you just breathe that in and "be aware" of it?

Wash hands before eating.
No, the instructions are to wash hands before touching your eyes or face.

Get a flu shot.
As far as I know, a current flu shot has nothing in there to help with this new virus.

Flu carries far more risk in the U.S. than coronavirus.
Flu has been around for hundreds of years, and we know what to expect from it, whereas CoViD-19 has a growth rate more similar to the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, which killed 20 to 50 million people worldwide. This one is 10x to 20x deadlier than flu. No comparison.

Last edited:

tohunt4me

Scientists Discover Coronavirus Has An Incubation Period Of Up To 24 Days And Can Survive For 9 Days On A Smooth Surface

Corona Virus will be shipped to your home via products !!!

IDriveGNV

While a few days ago they were saying packages were usually safe, with this new data I agree we should be cautious and aware.

There are going to be numerous ways one can be infected. Either by listening to idiot experts spreading wrong information, or even nutcases spitting on elevator buttons or this woman infecting all the door handles in a parking lot.

Last edited:

_Tron_

If sarcastic remarks prevent contracting the virus then most of us have nothing to fear.

Myself, probably do nothing until cases start appearing in my locale. Then it will be full time mask while driving, and spraying interior with XO at EOD.

BTW - This article provides a theory as to why it's mostly Chinese males that have been killed by the virus. Short answer, Chinese males are heavy smokers. More than the women. The virus goes after the lungs.

Last edited:

Bonmot

You can't tell. We have to assume anyone showing cold or flu symptoms has something to share with you. It could be CoVid-19, or any of the other coronaviruses (common cold included in that.) One of the dangers is that this new virus can be easily dismissed as something more common and less harmful. It hides behind the same symptoms of the common cold, hence it will spread faster.
Post automatically merged:

Then I guess the US Military is buying into that excessive paranoia.
So someone sneezes hard in your car, and you just breathe that in and "be aware" of it?
No, the instructions are to wash hands before touching your eyes or face.
As far as I know, a current flu shot has nothing in there to help with this new virus.
Flu has been around for hundreds of years, and we know what to expect from it, whereas CoViD-19 has a growth rate more similar to the 1918 Spanish Flu pandemic, which killed 20 to 50 million people worldwide. This one is 10x to 20x deadlier than flu. No comparison.
You totally missed the point I was trying to make. You asked people to share their strategies for dealing with CoViD. (You also authored a very poorly written opinion poll.) My response was intended to convey that at this point in time, in my geographical location, I feel no threat by CoViD. I also suggested that rather than worrying excessively about a disease that has so far infected <50 people in the entire U.S., I choose to take reasonable precautions against the flu that has so far effected >15,000,000 in the U.S. Some of these precautions would be helpful in remediating any coronavirus or influenza exposure.
If you are asking people their opinions in order to gain insight, first thing is to take better care in the choice allocation in your poll. Second, don't mock and misinterpret the opinions of those who take the time to respond.