What is wrong with this picture?

Uberbrent

Wait time doesn’t start until 7. According to the time of day it was 6:41. Exactly how was this going to generate “free money from Uber” unless you started the trip?

#professoruber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
E6BCD698-FA34-4498-A81F-4988FFA0C49F.png

Post automatically merged:

Some people think they know what they are talking about.

@Uberbrent - what is the policy for cancels?

The point of my post is Uber is dispatching scheduled rides in hopes of drivers being idiots and waiting 15-20 minutes because the app says when the scheduled ride is.

Timer or not, at 6:47, I collected my cancel fee and moved on. The irony of the cancel is that XL cancels pay less than X cancels. Now that is some BS.
Post automatically merged:

Also, when did Uber change the cancel fee policy that a ticker has to be shown on the screen to collect a cancel fee?

Pro Tip: When that ticker does not show up, take a screenshot. This serves two purposes. If Uber decides to not payout the cancel fee (no ticker happens all the time due to pickup location and actual pin) and when you forget the time you arrived and when the actual 5 minutes is up. In this case, I cancelled right at 6:47 for good measure.

Last edited:

TomTheAnt

Too bad Uber doesn't post the scheduled trip in the app like Lyft does. I guess Lyft has once come up with something unique and not just copied Uber...

Uberbrent

You didn’t take a screenshot showing you collected a cancel fee. I wouldn’t post it either if you want to keep it. If the pax sees that they were charged a cancel fee prior to when the trip was scheduled, you really think they will be ok with it? If the pax reports you, good luck.

#professoruber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You didn’t take a screenshot showing you collected a cancel fee. I wouldn’t post it either if you want to keep it. If the pax sees that they were charged a cancel fee prior to when the trip was scheduled, you really think they will be ok with it? If the pax reports you, good luck.
That is Uber's and the riders issue. I get why they made this change as they likely have the data to support that drivers will wait when they see when the pickup time is and they are simply trying to ensure a driver is available. However, I also get what the policy is. 5 minutes and collect cancel fee.

The rider has a 15 minute window for when a driver will arrive. This 15 minute window does not give you 15 minutes for the driver to wait for you. Uber notifies the rider when I arrived.

As a matter of fact, when I received the request, I was walking into 7-11. Due to proximity, the rider was automatically notified since I was less than 500ft away from the Embassy. Since I knew it was a scheduled request, I leisurely drained the main vain, made me a coffee out of them fancy coffee makers, and talked the cashier that is an Uber driver as well. I was in 7-11 about 5 minutes. So this rider has from 6:35 to 6:47 to contact me at the least or have his butt in my car.

Once again, not my issue. That is Uber's issue.