What is up with the app map??

Ezridax

I picked up a couple of pax from DFW airport today after dropping people off. The maps it showed me when I took the ping for these were pretty messed up! One said I drove from San Francisco to DFW for the pickup and then was going to go an hour west to go east...

The other was telling me I was picking up at DFW and driving her to Utah. Oh, that one I drove to DFW from Oregon.

This is too many miles on my car! I mean, San Francisco to DFW to Oregon to DFW to UTAH to DFW has to be around 4K miles in the span of 4 hours. Sheesh. They need to pay us more.

Attachments

• BF6B5D2A-58AB-4BD7-ABCF-30BC49AB7444.png
    BF6B5D2A-58AB-4BD7-ABCF-30BC49AB7444.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 96
  • 949A82D6-A2EE-4CD1-9B05-DFE8372FD4A3.png
    949A82D6-A2EE-4CD1-9B05-DFE8372FD4A3.png
    70.7 KB · Views: 90
  • D3ED1819-2B2E-4CC8-9E4B-1341436CFF92.png
    D3ED1819-2B2E-4CC8-9E4B-1341436CFF92.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 94

PickEmUp

I picked up a couple of pax from DFW airport today after dropping people off. The maps it showed me when I took the ping for these were pretty messed up! One said I drove from San Francisco to DFW for the pickup and then was going to go an hour west to go east...

The other was telling me I was picking up at DFW and driving her to Utah. Oh, that one I drove to DFW from Oregon.

This is too many miles on my car! I mean, San Francisco to DFW to Oregon to DFW to UTAH to DFW has to be around 4K miles in the span of 4 hours. Sheesh. They need to pay us more.

Check the address entered by pax. I picked up a drunk guy one night who entered an address in Pennsylvania. I live in Nebraska.

Mikek999

Yea I’ve been seeing it for months.... give it a few minutes and the destination will update correctly.

jlong105

This happened to me two weeks ago. It confused Columbus IN for Columbus OH. The passenger had entered the address correctly and it showed correctly, but the directions would have had me driving over 150 miles. I used Apple maps and dropped off the passenger, who was delighted with my problem solving skills and gave me a $10 tip.

Ezridax

Ya know, in a few weeks I’m driving to Maryland, I wonder if I can get a ride from DFW to MD lol

chitown73

Just send an email to your local news station like all the pax do. Tell them you took this rider on a very long ride and now Lyft is tryna take you for a ride by not paying you what your owed. We all know the news media loves to report anything that has even a hint of "scandal" attached to it. And we all know they never bother to actually investigate the facts as long as they can get ratings for their station.

AllenChicago

Lyft integrated Google Maps into the Lyft app here in Chicago this week. Horrible experience. Couldn't shut off the audible directions (unless manually pressing the phone's down volume button), and it severely underestimates the time to destination. No traffic/congestion lines on the map either.

Who complained about the way it was? Lyft said that drivers did, but I don't believe them. I think it's just another example of the I.T. department trying to be important and employable.

Lyft Support said that I should be patient and "bare with them" while they worked out the kinks. I went to settings and set my phone back to the non-integrated Google Maps configuration.