What is the number one thing you miss most from Ubering pre-pandemic?

Young Kim

This may on the surface seem like a silly question, as there are so many things that make driving Uber these days just God-awful. Let's start with having to wear these bloody masks... But, as I ruminate this morning, I remembered the one thing I miss the most from driving Uber pre-pandemic.... the music festivals and concerts. It was actually fun to drive on concert nights and on nights when there was a music festival going on. I recall in Chicago "Spring Awakening" and "Lollapalooza". Those festivals had so many people having the time of their lives, and being able to share their excitement and joy was completely lost this past summer. I recall one night when Pearl Jam came to Chicago at Wrigley Field. I remember the cops letting me park just outside on Clark Street listening to the end of the concert. I could hear the band crystal clear and when the encore sounded "Yellow Ledbetter" and the people erupted in cheers...sigh. That is the one thing I miss the most. Anyone else?

MHR

I miss my tourists from all over the World.
I miss the day drunks but to be truthful I really miss their friend’s tossing me cash to make up for their poor behavior.
I miss being able to run nothing but XL on festival and event days.
I miss being able to make decent money driving days during tourist season.

W00dbutcher

I miss the cocaine and alcohol fueled parties.

I just can't afford them right now.

Attachments

• 86429055.jpg
    86429055.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 20

Lissetti

Rebel Honey Badger
Article Manager
I stopped missing rideshare long before the pandemic. When they took away multipliers, that was my end. However my favorite rideshare memories were working events such as Pride Weekend, Comic-Con, and PaxWest. Besides all the energetic and entertaining riders, we drivers would easily make $400. plus each day the events ran.

4473a5b7-9fc6-4f8c-bd8f-d62245fe75b8-large16x9_ftp244ppkgprideparadersp_frame_1870.jpg

1000x700-cosplay-1.jpg

PAX-1140x641.jpg

Last edited:

WindyCityAnt

I miss the approach upon a wild crowd in huge places in the city at bar close at 2 and 4 am here.

The rides are usually a very cool experience and epic. All the f’d up people, getting HUGE surge for a 3 min trip and then heading back for more.

It got crazy at times YES! Had to handle things on my own a few times. But overall i miss that! Would i do it all over again if possible today F yea!

But ya cant be a week person, gotta be tough!

Never will be the same. 😘

Invisible

I miss all the creeps and young horny guys hitting on me.

Jk. I miss some of the fun and eccentric riders, like the guy who started singing karaoke in my car, the young college kids who bought a table at the stop of Walmart for beer pong and the drag queen who shouted Mayday! Mayday!

I also miss cash tips, which were more prevalent delivering food in winter months. I miss the flexibility to work when I wanted and the freedom. But I don’t miss the constant lowering pay and the antics of any of these gig companies.

dnlbaboof

all the corporate rides, concert rides, and people going out are gone. Now its just hospital rides and alcoholics going to get drunk in the middle of the day to the next house, if you even get a ride. Basically uber died from lockdown. But I think If uber offered a discount to rioters and looters business would pick up.

JPaiva

This may on the surface seem like a silly question, as there are so many things that make driving Uber these days just God-awful. Let's start with having to wear these bloody masks... But, as I ruminate this morning, I remembered the one thing I miss the most from driving Uber pre-pandemic.... the music festivals and concerts. It was actually fun to drive on concert nights and on nights when there was a music festival going on. I recall in Chicago "Spring Awakening" and "Lollapalooza". Those festivals had so many people having the time of their lives, and being able to share their excitement and joy was completely lost this past summer. I recall one night when Pearl Jam came to Chicago at Wrigley Field. I remember the cops letting me park just outside on Clark Street listening to the end of the concert. I could hear the band crystal clear and when the encore sounded "Yellow Ledbetter" and the people erupted in cheers...sigh. That is the one thing I miss the most. Anyone else?
I'm not seeing anyone mention the free subway promo.....

Amos69

The RSE.

That was an unexpectedly fun part of the business.
Post automatically merged:

I stopped missing rideshare long before the pandemic. When they took away multipliers, that was my end. However my favorite rideshare memories were working events such as Pride Weekend, Comic-Con, and PaxWest. Besides all the energetic and entertaining riders, we drivers would easily make $400. plus each day the events ran.

View attachment 524901

View attachment 524900

View attachment 524902
Driving XL I could make $750 without trying. These kids do not stay in DT nice hotels. They AirB&B it 10 -15 miles away.

WindyCityAnt

View attachment 524901

View attachment 524900

View attachment 524902

Oh Lalapalooza! Pride, Air show, and St Paddys.
Those were all 3 days events here. 400+ on X EASY each day.

Let alone all the concerts, sporting events, seeing the skyline of the best one in the country, and random large events you run into. Love and miss it! It will never be the same! 😘

JaxUberLyft

I'm loving Pandemic driving...fewer ants, and no one ever gets to get into the right front pax seat! That leaves it free for all my stuff - drinks, tablet, cleaning supplies, etc.

I used to dread / loathe rides with 4 pax...I simply do not want anyone in the front seat!

I agree that wearing a mask is a bit of a nuisance, but I've gotten used to it, and honestly it is something we all should have been doing every flu season.

Young Kim

Longhauling and Shuffling.

Also the big sporting events and concerts and playing "Where's Waldo?" in a sea of humanity.

And the occasional "is she or isn't she gonna puke?"

I'm going to show my ignorance here. What is shuffling?
Post automatically merged:

Most missed of all is the free Subway promos!

Oh my goodness! I totally forgot about those! Thanks for reminding me Tron! Those 6-inch subs were a nice treat.