What is the lowest pax rating you will accept?

UXDriver

You could be cancelling some genuine 5 star passengers, not just newbies.
And not all newbies to UberX are inexperienced and rate low.

These forums breed contempt for customers. #JustSaying
Some say to delete the app and get a life. I recommend to delete the forum and get on with your life.

Must be why my rating is 4.9

Everytime I take 5.0 customers my rating drops

Noone stays 5.0 for long

4.8 to 4.9 customers are perfect

4.5 can be ok as well as they pretty much always have taken 2 rides

hostertully

I've lowered to 4.2 these days. And it's going ok. I may drop to 4.1 over this last week before I hit full time work again. Might even try my luck with taking whatever comes up and reporting back my experiences.

5 stars can be newbies and dangerous for ratings. They can need some smooth talking about the rating system without trying to sound desperate for 5 stars.

I would love to hear of your experience taking low rated riders. And if you do, can you ask the riders if they found it hard to secure a ride?

So I can see a lot of you are also happy taking riders with ratings less than 4.6.

I'm going to start relaxing the min rating down to say 4 in the daytime and maybe 4.4 at night going forward, with the necessary discretion needed around known troublespots. The >4.6 rating rule has been a bit too stringent these days, I've missed more rides than I'd care for due to that rule, and especially as it seems quieter too.

Agent99

You look at the rating before committing to the job? Once I hear the bing of a request, it's almost an instant reaction now to hit the screen to accept. In the 200ish jobs I've had there hasn't been that many bad riders, certainly none that I've rated lower than a four.

Oh yes, I look at and evaluate the passenger's rating, surge multiple (if any), and estimated distance to pick up. I recommend all drivers do the same. It's better to evaluate each ping instead of accepting all of them blindly.

Tom2828

I picked up today 3.6 (my first time less then 4)
It was surging 2.7 and the pax was 3 minutes from me.
Was nice guy he live in clearway zone but was outside so I picked him up.
Nice trip, 5 stars for him.

Agent99

I applaud using your head and being more flexible about one factor (passenger rating) when another factor (surge multiple) is strong.

MyRedUber

Based on the talk in these forums, I'm surprised any new passengers get picked up for their first trip. Fortunately, 99% of drivers don't come to these forums.

Uber will have to start new passengers with a 4.9 rather than a 5.
In future, when a get a 5* passenger, I'm going to rate them 4* so that they don't get cancelled thereafter for silly reasons.

malbi

Last Sunday night I picked up a 3.8 passenger during a 2.1 surge. She was a stripper and barely talked the whole way. She didn't even answer the "Hi. How are you?" question. So for the uncomfortable half an hour drive into Spearmint Rhino my reward was $52. Well worth it in my books.

O

owjan

Last Sunday night I picked up a 3.8 passenger during a 2.1 surge. She was a stripper and barely talked the whole way. She didn't even answer the "Hi. How are you?" question. So for the uncomfortable half an hour drive into Spearmint Rhino my reward was $52. Well worth it in my books.
Have U been watching something interesting in your mirror all the way? Or not ?

no one

these is me.
when i got ping for surge over 2.2.
i wont see the rider star rating anymore.
for me they got special privildge.
you pay more, you got extra smile
you pay more, i drive very smooth
you pay more, i ll be ur best driver

uberboy77

Based on the talk in these forums, I'm surprised any new passengers get picked up for their first trip. Fortunately, 99% of drivers don't come to these forums.

Uber will have to start new passengers with a 4.9 rather than a 5.
In future, when a get a 5* passenger, I'm going to rate them 4* so that they don't get cancelled thereafter for silly reasons.

Your killing them with kindness

getnoonged

i feel like some of you are too picky and whether they are a 4.2 or 4.9 is negligible. most of my sub 4.4's have been like 4.9's, and i tell them theyre rating is low and how some drivers cancel on low rating customers. they're fascinated and don't know why their rating is so low in the first place, i ask them have they vomited or were aggressive to the drivers (in a joke tone) and they all say nope, never.

until a 4.2 actually acts like a 4.2 i'll keep picking up the scraps you guys keep cancelling on. mind you, i've only done 89 trips but 52/56 5 stars (and i still have no idea who gave me less than 5, but i wanna know so i can egg their house).

had two massively drunk chicks tonight (tuesday) both we're pretty much nodding off in my car, one got in with her dress half off and her bra hanging out. 5 star customer!

honestly couldn't give two @@@@s what customers are like as long as they a) don't treat me like shit and b) don't damage my car in any shape or form.

edit: i would never egg a customers house if an uber employee is reading this k thx.

UXDriver

So good of all these drivers taking the low rating passengers.

Makes my life so much easier

Thanks again

Agent99

when i'm earning $200 after uber cuts for 4 and a half hours on a tuesday night, it's me thanking you

Being more picky depends on if there's surge or not. It also depends on the market. The times you are paid better, and in cities where you are paid better, and with types of Uber where you are paid better, I would be less concerned with passenger rating and distance to pick up.

UXDriver

Minus fuel
Minus GST
Minus running costs
Minus tax

Lucky to be $80 for 4.5 hours work

I enjoyed staying home

UXDriver

Being more picky depends on if there's surge or not. It also depends on the market. The times you are paid better, and in cities where you are paid better, and with types of Uber where you are paid better, I would be less concerned with passenger rating and distance to pick up.

Correct
But unless surging I never accept 4.6 stars
Or 4.4 and below